Thread: Draft Help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Draft Help

I am in a Keeper Salary Cap League - Our league uses alot of categories, Hits Blocked shots, Giveaways, Takeaways. +/- etc, Goals assists are worth more

Current Roster:

Eakins
    Palmeri
    Seguin
    Landeskog
    Tarasenko
    Karlsson
    Vatenen
    Klingberg
    Halak
    Allen
    Elliot

I need to fill 13 to 14 roster roster via Free agency/trade

I traded/dropped a bunch of players - just felt like starting a refresh - sometimes i get bored of my roster lol - not sure if others go through this pain lol

Anyways, In the Farm System I have

Lindberg
    Samuelsson
    Schmaltz
    Wennberg
    Yakimov
    Dvroak
    Ferland
    Fiala
    McKenzie
    Haggerty
    Tarasov
    Carrick
    Johns
    Olofsson
    Skjei

Which of these players do you think will be nhl full time next year??

for our entry draft - I own the following picks for draft eligible prospects from the 2015 draft:

6th
    12th
    15th
    18th
    19th
    21st

who do you think i should target?

Thank you

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Draft Help

Other than Ferland, I would say that none of your farm team will play full time in the NHL next year. That is not to say that some, such as Samuelsson and Fiala, won't get call ups. As for drafting, I recommend that you use realiable sources such as Dobber Prospects, or Corey Pronman at ESPN I like. I think Craig Button is good too but I know others on this site don't think much of him. Even in leagues that count peripherals I tend to opt for the highest scorer. Also, I only pick d-men in the first round if they are significantly better than any available forward prospects. Hope that helps!

Dobber Sports Monster

Fiala, Wennberg and Ferland have the best chances to play the most significant amount of games next year.
    As for the your draft targets, you'll have to see who is available as the draft progresses. BPA is usually the best recipe. You can always trade for needs later on.
    Drafting the best assets available to you is the best way to go.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Fiala, Wennberg and Ferland have the best chances to play the most significant amount of games next year.
    Those are the three I see as well as far as the best chance for full time duty. Fiala I am not 100% sold on as full time but hes as close as it gets.

Johns could be close too but it depends on what Chicago does in FA.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."