Thread: Best Online Salary Cap Sites?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Best Online Salary Cap Sites?

I'm looking for suggestions on the best host sites for running a dynasty salary cap league. My partial keeper league has been on Yahoo for about a decade now but we're looking for that extra step to incorporate a salary cap and a farm team and so far Yahoo hasn't implemented anything like that. I seem to remember an article or ramblings at one point that actually compared several sites but I can't track it down. If you can either point me to that article or give some insight on the best sites out there, whether it's free or a paid subscription, I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Our league is a 14-team head-to-head (weekly) setup with a 23-man roster, 9 skater categories and 4 goalie categories. We trade draft picks, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Best Online Salary Cap Sites?

I'm a www.fantrax.com fanboy and lobbyist.

Dobber Sports Rookie

That was the main one that I found. How well does it handle minor/farm team rosters? Are salaries updated regularly? I'm assuming that's all with the premium version?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Fantrax is the only real option. You can run your cap league by either actual salary or cap hit, have as many teams as you want and a virtually limitless array of customization options for roster size/configuration and scoring categories. The premium league is the way to go and at $80 is well worth the price.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Fantrax is the way to go if you want it automated.
    My league still does our fantasy league using Yahoo! and we use our own google-shared-doc spreadsheet to move salaries.
    If you have ONE really good guy willing to maintain the shared-doc, it goes well.
    We are lucky that we have "that guy"... but there's not many out there willing to spend so much time for the benefit of their league.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah, I can't see anyone in our league wanting to keep a spreadsheet up to date. We currently have a system where we allow each team to protect 2 'prospects' without having them on their active roster. The protected player list is just a thread on the league message board. Very clunky and it's hard to get all the managers to check that list before they pick up a free agent. Had a few instances where protected players were unwittingly used by another team. It would be nice to have a farm team automated!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by grimey22 View Post
    How well does it handle minor/farm team rosters? Are salaries updated regularly? I'm assuming that's all with the premium version?
    Premium for sure. It'll give you great control of the minor roster setup including future draft picks. As for the salary updates, I've never had an issue.

It's not the perfect site. This year there was a stretch of a few days or a week or somwhere fantasy tracked stats got screwy. It would reset to a previous date, update late and then adjust itself correctly, only to repeat the cycle. That however, is literally the only time a problem of that magnitude or duration occurred while I've been with them since 2010.

I find most issues people bring up with fantrax is more on about the site layout or interface. Some say it's not the easiest to navigate through or make roster changes etc. Most of that comes as an afterthought when I look for a league host.

Dobber Sports Genius

Spend the $80 and never think about it again.

easy_button.jpg
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys...looking over the Fantrax site, the features and options look really good! If the stats updates are even moderately accurate and frequent, then I'd be happy