Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [rumour] Avalanche looking at bringing Radulov back to NHL?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [rumour] Avalanche looking at bringing Radulov back to NHL?

https://twitter.com/kuklaskorner/sta...27483214241793

The Colorado Avalanche May Have Interest In Alexander Radulov: from Jared Clinton of The Hockey News, Alexander… http://dlvr.it/B0mpHb
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [rumour] Avalanche looking at bringing Radulov back to NHL?

You left out one important part of that: for the 2016-17 season He can't return until then.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is good gossip for sure. Good ol' Radulov in the news again. Maybe he'll come this year when the KHL crumbles :P

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You left out one important part of that: for the 2016-17 season He can't return until then.
    haha not sure he's exactly the type to follow the rules..
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Deity

Notice I didn't say WHEN they were looking at bringing him back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

That is EXACTLY what Colorado needs, more offense haha
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

In all seriousness, Radulov is an excellent player and any team would be lucky to have him if they get him playing a more disciplined game; taking less penalties and focusing a little more on the defensive side of the game.

He was the best player in the KHL this year by far, no one else was even close. 71 points in 46 games is amazing. Adding 143 PIM is just weird. The rest of the team wasn't very good but Radulov managed to carry them to the finals. Radulov even managed to make Stephane Da Costa look good but it was all because of Radulov. Also, Radulov was twice as good as Kovalchuk in my opinion.

Skill-wise, Radulov would be an elite player in the NHL. He could score 80 points but he needs his own team, he needs to be the center of attention. It needs to be Radulov's team or otherwise he's not giving all he has. I'm not sure anyone in the NHL is willing to give Radulov the type of freedom he needs to be successful, and that's why I think he'll stay in Russia where he gets to do whatever he wants. He's very emotional, he will take stupid penalties when things are not going well, he will lash out to his own teammates when they make a mistake. But when things are going well, few players in the world are better than him.

Radulov is pretty much the definition of high risk / high reward. There's a good chance other players will learn bad habits from him and when Radulov is in a bad mood, it will affect his teammates as well. But on a good day, he can carry a team on his shoulders.

Dobber Sports Star

He's a good player and I would like to see him in the NHL instead of in Russia. He could probably be a good fit too with the Avs 2 young centers.

Dobber Sports Legend

Here we go. God, please no. Just stay away, Alex, PA-LEASE!!!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    haha not sure he's exactly the type to follow the rules..
    bad association in Nashville

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Here we go. God, please no. Just stay away, Alex, PA-LEASE!!!
    Why?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Good player, bad attitude. Not sure I would want him on my team or not. Maybe he has grown up some. If he has, then the Avs would be wise to grab him.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Why?
    Because he bailed on the Preds not once but TWICE. Because he's an arrogant, self-centered and rude person (hence the behavior and the "hurry the Russian players off the ice during the Canadian National Anthem" act with his KHL buddies). I know the man has every right to play hockey anywhere in the world, for any team willing to pay his salary, but it's my "opinion" that if you bail on a league twice, each time hurting the club who drafted you, that you shouldn't be rewarded by the same league ever again. I think he's a team cancer and doesn't care about his teammates or the crest on the jersey. That's just my personal take and it's not worth anything, I know. I just "personally" hope no team lures him back to the NHL. You wanted the KHL so bad that you left the NHL twice? Fine, stay there. Don't come running back now because there's problems over there. And his buddy Kovalchuk can stay there with him please. I just hope Kovy tries to squirm his way back and 29 of the NHL teams "permit him back" but my Flyers are the 1 team that says, "Nope. Sorry!"
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Titan

As much as a disturbance as he is, he’s a great solo player. These attitude guys really just need the right coach. The biggest example in any sport is Randy Moss and Billy B. With the right coach and situation, any disgruntled player can turn it around.

His skill is upper tier elite; his attitude is not worth the headache for some top teams. If he wants to come to the NHL, a team WILL sign him. A decent player doesn’t put up 80pts on a bad team in any league.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

In all seriousness, Radulov is an excellent player and any team would be lucky to have him if they get him playing a more disciplined game; taking less penalties and focusing a little more on the defensive side of the game.

He was the best player in the KHL this year by far, no one else was even close. 71 points in 46 games is amazing. Adding 143 PIM is just weird. The rest of the team wasn't very good but Radulov managed to carry them to the finals. Radulov even managed to make Stephane Da Costa look good but it was all because of Radulov. Also, Radulov was twice as good as Kovalchuk in my opinion.

Skill-wise, Radulov would be an elite player in the NHL. He could score 80 points but he needs his own team, he needs to be the center of attention. It needs to be Radulov's team or otherwise he's not giving all he has. I'm not sure anyone in the NHL is willing to give Radulov the type of freedom he needs to be successful, and that's why I think he'll stay in Russia where he gets to do whatever he wants. He's very emotional, he will take stupid penalties when things are not going well, he will lash out to his own teammates when they make a mistake. But when things are going well, few players in the world are better than him.

Radulov is pretty much the definition of high risk / high reward. There's a good chance other players will learn bad habits from him and when Radulov is in a bad mood, it will affect his teammates as well. But on a good day, he can carry a team on his shoulders.
    Great insight- thanks for that