Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Alex Galchenyuk to the KHL rumour isn't worth worrying about

Dobber Sports Expert

Default The Alex Galchenyuk to the KHL rumour isn't worth worrying about

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/la...worrying-about

A Russian website is reporting that the young forward is close to signing with a KHL club

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Alex Galchenyuk to the KHL rumour isn't worth worrying about

Hadn't even heard this rumor and would have never been worried about it. He's Ameri-Russian. But an American citizen. I doubt he'd be keen to run to Russia

Dobber Sports Giant

I will eat my Galchenyuk Habs t-shirt if this happens!

(I figure the chances of that happening are slim-to-none)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Where does some of this stuff come from? Jeez. Long off season of rumors / made up fake rumors. Hang onto your pants boys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Hadn't even heard this rumor and would have never been worried about it. He's Ameri-Russian. But an American citizen. I doubt he'd be keen to run to Russia
    Exactly. I would bet a lot of money that he will be back in Montreal next season and for many more. I guess the KHL has to put out these garbage rumours to staunch the flow of Russians BACK to the NHL! lol I read today that Burmistrov is coming back, I believe Sobotka is also looking to return and then there's Kovalchuk looking for an eventual return. Yeah, I could see how Galchenyuk would find playing in the KHL so much better than the NHL...NOT!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Banned

He's just another Alex Burmkstrov if true.,

Dobber Sports Legend

I heard this nonsense earlier in the week and dismissed it as posturing. He's a RFA and the coach jerked him around a bit this year, hence his showing down the stretch and in the playoffs was sub par. This is his agent's way of saying, "it's your [the Habs] fault my guy under-produced so don't try to low-ball us on a contract." Then again, anything can happen. Nothing surprises me in pro sports these days. But if Galchenyuk bolts, Therrien better watch his back. Habs fans are cray cray and they're already blaming him for messing up the kid's head.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I heard this nonsense earlier in the week and dismissed it as posturing. He's a RFA and the coach jerked him around a bit this year, hence his showing down the stretch and in the playoffs was sub par. This is his agent's way of saying, "it's your [the Habs] fault my guy under-produced so don't try to low-ball us on a contract." Then again, anything can happen. Nothing surprises me in pro sports these days. But if Galchenyuk bolts, Therrien better watch his back. Habs fans are cray cray and they're already blaming him for messing up the kid's head.
    Did I really just read that phrase? I'm 34 yrs old and I hockey fan.....I simply don't do. "Cray cray". Sorry, love ya fungchen but let's rein that in a little....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post

Did I really just read that phrase? I'm 34 yrs old and I hockey fan.....I simply don't do. "Cray cray". Sorry, love ya fungchen but let's rein that in a little....
    Well aren't they? Have you been to home games in Montreal??
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Star

Crazy rumour, but I don't see that happening. He probably put that rumour out there as a bargaining chip.

Dobber Sports Stud

No I have not. I could only imagine the level craziness.... Perhaps in the moment and with the French ******ce I would for the first time in my life utter the phrase "cray cray" in a non mocking tone lol....

- - - Updated - - -

I typed the word ******ce ....it bleeped it out..wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

******ce

(D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    No I have not. I could only imagine the level craziness.... Perhaps in the moment and with the French ******ce I would for the first time in my life utter the phrase "cray cray" in a non mocking tone lol....

- - - Updated - - -

I typed the word ******ce ....it bleeped it out..wtf?
    Bell Centre, Montreal. Add to your bucket list.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok this is weird

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Bell Centre, Montreal. Add to your bucket list.
    Agree

(G) Ward, Lack

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    +1. Spot on.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, but you guys haven't even addressed the second part of the rumour: if Galchenyuk goes to Russia, I am getting called up to the Habs to take his place.

FYI, neither of these events is gonna happen...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy