my quote in full:
I keep hearing Cam Talbot's name out there as a goalie other teams want. NYR probably wants to keep him but I've heard numerous reports that they wouldnt be against a trade if the return was right.

Martin Jones is another backup that LOTS of teams covet. Again the asking price will be very high I think.

For an off the wall suggestion, Jon Gillies in CGY. He's seen to be well along is his development and could be NHL ready soon. I dont know if CGY would rush him or make room for him, but if he was in the NHL he's got the talent to win the job.
forsbergfan response full:
Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
gillies hasn't even started in the ahl yet. you can't say a goalie is nhl ready straight out of college. plus, the flames already got hiller and ramo, plus joni ortio is the next guy waiting in the wings. i agree that long term gillies is the future, but i can't see him getting even one start in the nhl next season (unless the flames are terrible and he gets a few starts at the end of the year).
i don't think too many nhl teams see talbot as a bonafide number 1 goalie. and why would the kings trade martin jones? and the bigger question, which is kinda my point - where would they go? what teams need a starting goalie besides for edmonton and buffalo? what teams have starters that are gonna fumble the job and someone else will take the number 1 position? just because the backup's great doesn't mean he's gonna get a shot (and there's no way to speculate on injuries) and just because the starter sucks doesn't mean he'll lose the job (ex:lehtonen).

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...79#post1463779