Thread: The Leafs Best Trade Chip

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The Leafs Best Trade Chip

It’s no secret that the Leafs are going in a new direction this summer.
    They have a new (ish) President, they fired the old coach and GM and their previous “core” is being all but run out of town.
    Phil Kessel, Dion Phanuef, even Bernier have all been the subject of trade rumours so far this summer, despite their massive contracts and declining play, we fans have had endless fun trying to pretend we aren’t jealous of the teams still in the Playoffs and speculating on future deals.

To continue reading: http://thehockeywriters.com/the-leafs-best-trade-chip/

And just so you don't think it's click-bait, the answer is JVR.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: The Leafs Best Trade Chip

Pretty good read. I agree that JVR might be the best trade chip they have and I'm all for the leafs trading him. Labelling him as untouchable might also be the best way to get the most return for him. I'd say it's part of their plan but without a GM, I don't know who's plan that would be... I don't necessarily agree that Kadri is the first line player the article says he might be although I think he deserves the chance to prove it regardless. The stats show he does a great job of producing in limited minutes and with a limited role. Some players thrive in that role and can't necessarily handle getting the top line minutes and responsibility that comes with it. It will be interesting to see how the situation shakes out.
    20 team H2H Fantrax Cap Dynasty
    2018/2018 Cap=90 mil
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FO%, HIT, BLK, TOI/G
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    3C/LW/RW, 6D, 2Sk, 2G

C: Backstrom, Bergeron, Eichel
    L: Benn, Rakell, Coleman, Goldobin, Weal, B. McGinn
    R: Pavelski, Radulov, Panik, B. Tanev, D. Ryan
    D: Burns, Josi, Weber, Ellis, Manson, Forbort, Stecher, Weegar
    G: Talbot, Elliott
    Farm: Harkins, Hayden, Kampf, Highmore, Dickinson, Bjork, Motte, Foegele, Rychel, Kossila, Poturalski, Graves, Bear, Nielsen, Timmins, Ozhiganov, McKeown, Gillies, Boyle, Brossoit, Ellis, Rittich