Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MMQB

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: MMQB

Well done. Interesting to see your rankings for rookies. You are a big Ajayi fan I see.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well done. Interesting to see your rankings for rookies. You are a big Ajayi fan I see.
    lol..you noticed that, eh? From a strictly skillset POV, yes. He may slide down to 12-14 because of the Lamar Miller factor I can see it being a RBBC here for a year or so. But not out of my first round.
    @SmittysRant

Fug, I just bumped DeVante Parker back into round-1. Duke Johnson relegated to 2.1. Not one convincing argument on Parker until this morning's drive-in. Listening to Mike Clay fro Pro Football Focus. He's about as objective as they get and is not afraid to buck trends (eg he values Eddie Lacey as a mid-second value).

alas....my friday draft can't get here fast enough.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm curious as to why you have Parker ranked so low in the first place? There were many that felt he was comparable to AJ Green and believe he's the best wr in the draft. Plus he's on his way to a team with an up and coming offence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I'm curious as to why you have Parker ranked so low in the first place? There were many that felt he was comparable to AJ Green and believe he's the best wr in the draft. Plus he's on his way to a team with an up and coming offence.
    Scouting reports I've listened to noted and immediately quashed any comparison to Green. He passes the eyeball test in that he is a big receiver who can make contested catches. That plus where he landed - imo - is over inflating his perceived value.

Ultimately, Parker is not vertically explosive, no economy of movement in and out of his routes, and he runs light for a big man. Developmentally, I am more comfortable drafting him as a future WR2. I am struggling with his first round status.

Again, I know that's not the norm, but...
    @SmittysRant

CJ Anderson owners, fear not the Ball. Montee Ball, that is. This week's rant for your post-Father's Day viewing http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-6-22-2015
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read again Bomm.

Whats up with all these rookies getting hurt?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Good read again Bomm.

Whats up with all these rookies getting hurt?
    Thanks, Axeman. As far as the injuries, I don't have an answer. I'm no med expect, but I believe soft tissue injuries (eg. hammies, ligament, cartilage etc) are usually related to poor conditioning, improper stretching, hydration issues. Maybe not so much cartilage. Chronic joint and bone could be genetic. Hard to say.

From my limited experience w/resistance training (primarily dead lifts, squats and bench), I know the body needs a rest period to heal and mend itself. I think these NFL-ers "training" year round do themselves a disservice by not putting down the weights from time to time. Again, assuming that is indeed the case.
    @SmittysRant

Boldly going where no GM is willing.

This week's rant is up http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-6-29-2015
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read and thanks for the tip on Zenner. It will be interesting to see if he can find a spot on Detroits 53 man roster. Certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Good read and thanks for the tip on Zenner. It will be interesting to see if he can find a spot on Detroits 53 man roster. Certainly worth keeping an eye on.
    Thanks, Axe, ya these are all guys you want filling your last roster spot or two.Great for bye weeks, injury problems, or those late season pushes. And they all have long term upside for their dynasty owners.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Thanks, Axe, ya these are all guys you want filling your last roster spot or two.Great for bye weeks, injury problems, or those late season pushes. And they all have long term upside for their dynasty owners.
    I already own Joique Bell and I am seriously considering drafting Abdullah in my upcoming prospect draft with my #4 overall pick. We start 2 RB and 2 flex and I really need another solid RB on my squad.

Zenner could be a later round steal.

A whole host of players covered in my post-4th rant - good read for your draft prep. http://football.dobbersports.com/
    @SmittysRant

It may be the off season, but we cover a whole host of players in this week's rant. Jimmy Graham. Bradford, Charles Johnson, and many, many more http://football.dobbersports.com/
    @SmittysRant

A ton of info to peruse w/your morning java. Players from Ertz, Hill, Bryant, Wallace and Cooks to some strategy re player valuation.

This week's rant http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-7-20-2015
    @SmittysRant