Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MMQB

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: MMQB

I have the 7th overall pick in my keeper and will be looking for a RB myself. Hard to say who will drop to me at that point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I have the 7th overall pick in my keeper and will be looking for a RB myself. Hard to say who will drop to me at that point.
    I'm really hoping (maybe wrongly) Yeldon and Ajayi fall. The latter more likely due to his knee, but man I'm really hoping Gms overlook Yeldon. Duke Johnson and Cobb are my others. I would risk taking Ajayi in the mid-to-bottom dyno draft, Eff the knee, love the talent. His contact balance is very good.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Buddy of mine just had his rookie draft and was picking 6th. He had a choice between Coleman and Abdullah. Maybe one falls to you?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Buddy of mine just had his rookie draft and was picking 6th. He had a choice between Coleman and Abdullah. Maybe one falls to you?
    I would be quite happy if one of those two made it to me at 7. The QB's must have gone early.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Mine is early June, so I will post the first round results here. Get this...it's a 14 team league (we've been around forever). Out of 14 GMs only 7 are drafting in the first and 5 of them hold picks 3-14. Myself included @ 13-14.

Point being, I'm not sure how representative our first round results will be when you have few GMs selecting multiple times in one round. I think it allows for drafting of need rather than BPA. I may be wrong, but we'll see.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Our highest draft pick that was traded was the 9th (4th/5th in the re-draft round). 2 picks were traded in our league all season. we have powerhouses vs mice in our league. 2 GMs aren’t the smartest with trades and seem to get ripped off by the giants all the time, so the guy who finished 3rd had a team like Stafford, Nelson, Cobb, A.Brown, J. Charles, M. Forte, Olsen, M. Bryant, and Ellington lol.

So no one traded picks because the mice didn’t have anyone the giants needed, and the mice are just waiting our turns to compete lol. I just drafted rookies and longshots last season hoping to land someone good, didn’t happen. Dumb me drafted Odell Beckham Jr but dropped him because I was tired of waiting on him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

This week I examine round 2 of the 2015 NFL Draft. Have a LOOK
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Another solid write up Bomm.

In my keeper league, I just made a deal and moved my 1.7 and 2.7 picks for 1.4, so essentially I traded my 1st and 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots. I traded for 2.4 last year so I still have a 2nd round pick.

I have to think Gurley and Gordon are going in the top 3 somehow so I need to figure out who the 3rd or 4th best RB will be (I am getting one of them). I already own Joique Bell so I am thinking Abdullah makes the most sense at 4 but I keep reading so much about Yeldon I would be hard pressed not to take him at 4 should he slip to me there. I am hoping you do up a ranking for RBs in the future editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Another solid write up Bomm.

In my keeper league, I just made a deal and moved my 1.7 and 2.7 picks for 1.4, so essentially I traded my 1st and 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots. I traded for 2.4 last year so I still have a 2nd round pick.

I have to think Gurley and Gordon are going in the top 3 somehow so I need to figure out who the 3rd or 4th best RB will be (I am getting one of them). I already own Joique Bell so I am thinking Abdullah makes the most sense at 4 but I keep reading so much about Yeldon I would be hard pressed not to take him at 4 should he slip to me there. I am hoping you do up a ranking for RBs in the future editions.
    Thanks, Axeman. I will have league wide rankings up this Friday for ppr dynasty RBs. As far as a rookie only breakdown or rankings, I will probably touch on my top-5 RB, WR etc in future rants, but as far as any individualized detailed summary it could get a bit redundant. Between the breakdown in the monday rants and subsequent team-by-team breakdowns that should (hopefully) be enough info for GMs to obtain well informed opinions.

We'll see...I leave all options on the table, and would never rule anything out. If a rookie only rankings is a fit, we'll absolutely do one.
    @SmittysRant

Third round gems, and Roger Goodell's ball problems...

http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-5-18-2015
    @SmittysRant

Coverage of the fourth round and some other thoughts up http://football.dobbersports.com/Smi...rant-5-25-2015 I'd love some topic ideas moving forward to cover the off season dead zone. Hit me up here or on twitter @SmittysRant

...much appreciated!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have really enjoyed reading your take on fantasy relevant rookies. I think an interesting topic would be to look at OC's with new teams this season. Itcould uncover some nice under the radar guys for fantasy this year. This idea is inspired by the Buck Allen part being a better receiver. The Ravens new OC is Trestman who loves using his RB's in the passing game.

Dobber Sports Star

I'm just getting into fantasy football (first draft in september) and I'm looking forward to reading your articles from now on!

I'm a complete newby to football. Where should I start?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I have really enjoyed reading your take on fantasy relevant rookies. I think an interesting topic would be to look at OC's with new teams this season. It could uncover some nice under the radar guys for fantasy this year. This idea is inspired by the Buck Allen part being a better receiver. The Ravens new OC is Trestman who loves using his RB's in the passing game.
    Wow, man, like you were reading my mind re Buck Allen. About an hour ago I was thinking my comments on Allen may have under sold his value in this particular system. Despite his limitations as a runner, he could do some damage under Trestman. I still think year one will be limited value - maybe a one off game here and there. Allen much like any rookie RB needs to work on his blocking ability to earn those third down snaps where he can do his damage.

Thanks for the feedback, The Whale. Look for that topic in the next couple of weeks. Good idea.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    I'm just getting into fantasy football (first draft in september) and I'm looking forward to reading your articles from now on!

I'm a complete newby to football. Where should I start?
    Well. My first piece of advice is make sure any player projections fit the particular league you are in - much like you would in a hockey league. Is it a ten team or 14 team league? Dynasty, limited keeper or redraft? The most significant league difference is PPR or not? PPR significantly affects rankings for RBs, then WRs, then TEs in that order. Flex players would be the next significant impact.

These are great ideas...MarmotKing, I will address this issue in a future rant. I'll shoot you a pm when it's up. Hopefully it helps rather than confuses... Do you have a set draft date yet? Just want to make sure I have it up in time to help you prep. Let me know.

Thanks
    @SmittysRant