Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2015 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2015 NFL Draft Chatter

Right when it came out that it wasn’t even his baby she was carrying too. It would have been really sad to see him 100% innocent and not on an NFL team to start the season. Glad he got on a team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

31 teams are stupid for not spending their 7th round pick on him, given most of those picks don't even make the 53 man roster in their rookie season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    31 teams are stupid for not spending their 7th round pick on him, given most of those picks don't even make the 53 man roster in their rookie season.
    I would imagine most teams removed his name right off their board as soon as he said publicly that if he wasn't drafted in the 2-3 rounds, he wasn't going to sign.

I do agree, I would have take a gamble on him but that, along with his non-football issues, are probably why teams weren't willing to take the chance.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

It was a clever tactic by his agent, saying he wouldn't sign, knowing that the bigger money that came with a higher selection is gone. Try to scare teams off and then let your client at least salvage something by having some say in where he was going to play. I wonder if we see this sort of thing happen again in the future if a top prospect takes a serious tumble for whatever reason? Granted this situation was somewhat unique, not the typical drug, poor attitude, poor work ethic questions that cause a player to fall. Teams were flat out scared to get involved in another potential Aaron Hernandez scenario. As the draft started that was an unknown with him, was he or wasn't he involved? Doesn't appear so now.

The one thing that really hurt him more than anything else, and I never heard it explained, was why he wasn't allowed to go talk with the police prior to the draft to try and clear his name? I don't know all the details, but from the bits and pieces I heard during the draft it sure come across as the NFL didn't want him talking to the police until after the draft? Maybe it was his own advisors? Whoever put the kibosh on him talking to detectives sure did a number on him. Cost him a boatload of money since he didn't go in the top 10-15 as projected.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....