Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2015 NFL Draft Chatter

No sense screwing around. Get'r done!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...31524163244032

Jameis Winston already has signed his contract.
    https://twitter.com/TSN1040/status/594232083033288704

RT @RapSheet: Jameis Winston signed with the #Bucs for 4-years, $25.35M, source said. He gets a $16.7M signing bonus.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

1) Why weren't the top guys at the draft?? Are you going to stay home during week 1 too??

2) Why does not annoying jingle music play just before the commish announce's a pick??

3) Is it just me or do you think Mariota is going to be alot better then this Winston fella??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    1)Is it just me or do you think Mariota is going to be alot better then this Winston fella??
    The question of the ages. They both bring their own red flags to the table. Ultimately, I like Mariota but he's in a more difficult environment, and like I said there are concerns. Winston is too slow and deliberate in his delivery for my liking. He's not quick twitch like Mariota.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

1) Why weren't the top guys at the draft?? Are you going to stay home during week 1 too??

2) Why does not annoying jingle music play just before the commish announce's a pick??

3) Is it just me or do you think Mariota is going to be alot better then this Winston fella??
    1. I asked this same question here last night. When I got to work today I asked others there and one guy said he heard the NFL didn't want Winston there because of his legal issues in the past. I didn't buy it but for all I know he could be right. Did anyone else here anything like this?

2. My wife said the same thing last night.

3. Good question.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

They stayed home to celebrate with their friends and family. Who honestly cares and if you do, why? Not one single NFL team/exec cares, so why in the world should the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They stayed home to celebrate with their friends and family. Who honestly cares and if you do, why? Not one single NFL team/exec cares, so why in the world should the general public?
    It was just a question.. Just wondering why a #1 and a #2 pick wouldn't be at the NFL draft, thought someone might know??

I would definitely care if I loved football as much as hockey.. This is like McDavid not showing up to the NHL draft.. It would be a slap in the face to the sport..

Jets must have some crystal ball to have drafted Smith over the others still out there. I guess that's my round-2 head scratcher.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Interesting. The Chiefs did the unprecedented, or at least extremely rare, feat of not having a TD to a wideout all season in 2014. I don't think that's ever happened in a 16 game season, and once again Andy Reid thumbs his nose at getting help for his horrible WR corps. Dwayne Bowe was addition by subtraction, but Jeremy Maclin by himself doesn't suddenly change everything. Maclin is a big upgrade over Bowe, but then again anybody would have been an upgrade over D-Bowe.

Wow, he passed on Perriman, Dorsett, and now Strong, among others. Head scratcher for sure. I mean yeah, Peters and Morse are good players, but to not address your team's most glaring need in the first two rounds when there are clear difference makers available is baffling.

Now let's see if Jerry Jones can follow up the good pick on Byron Jones with another here shortly in the second. I can't believe I typed that, but it's true. Much as I hate Jerry Jones, he's done a better job with the last couple of drafts by going with solid choices versus trying to be flashy or making a big splash. Now if he could just teach his son to properly manage the salary cap....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Abdullah in Detroit. Good fit there.

Do the Cowboys take a gamble on La'el Collins in the 2nd round?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Three years ago, maybe two, I'd say yes. Not so sure Jerry rolls the dice here. Round 3 more likely if Dallas takes the gamble. Watch him prove me wrong....

Sometime tonight Dallas goes after Murray's replacement.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I was sort of expecting Tevin Coleman or Duke Johnson, not Randy Gregory. Not sure the Cowboys have the kind of high character guys that can help this kid get his shit together. We'll see though. Still expect Jerry to take an RB before the curtain falls tonight. Maybe they trade up in round 3?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well with both Coleman and Johnson off the board, Jay Ajayi is probably the only back left that Dallas would take tonight.

On the La'el Collins front I wonder if we see NE, KC, or Cincy use one of their compensatory picks on him at the end of this round?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Well with both Coleman and Johnson off the board, Jay Ajayi is probably the only back left that Dallas would take tonight.

On the La'el Collins front I wonder if we see NE, KC, or Cincy use one of their compensatory picks on him at the end of this round?
    Well, the Cowboys took a gamble just the same in Gregory. A lot of teams passed on him after his drug test failure at the combine.

Collins has said that if he wasn't drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, he wouldn't sign with whoever drafts him in the later rounds. I am sure most teams already have removed his name from their draft boards but I am sure someone will eventually take a gamble on him. Whether he signs with them or not is the bigger question but its going to be interesting.

All I can hear is that jingle going off every few minutes..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Abdullah in Detroit. Good fit there.

Welp, I thought they might gamble and draft this kid. Insteady they gambled on NO ONE drafting him (which happened) and they end up signing him as a FA. Those sneaky Cowboys.

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/st...72708016803842

LSU offensive lineman La'el Collins has officially signed with the Cowboys, read more here http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2y4bw