Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Sick of hearing Edmonton as "worst McDavid landing spot"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Sick of hearing Edmonton as "worst McDavid landing spot"

Dobber Sports Stud

Even better than landing McD is the house cleaning that went on. Lowe and MacT being shipped out is the best thing to happen to this organization in the last decade (including McDavid).
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Sir View Post
    Even better than landing McD is the house cleaning that went on. Lowe and MacT being shipped out is the best thing to happen to this organization in the last decade (including McDavid).
    Was I the only one annoyed when listening to MacT talk?? Hit the bricks!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Was I the only one annoyed when listening to MacT talk?? Hit the bricks!!
    I was. It really bothered me actually. The firings really changed my perspective on the whole McDavid to the Oilers thing.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Best part of this thread was a Hawks fan feeling the need to get people to help eve that he isn't jealous of the oilers. Lol. Two cups in the last few years with a good team still and an open window for even more success. I doubt there's any jealousy there. Two cups. Crosby together with Malkin have one, Ovechkin, nothing. Having a generational talent on your roster doesn't gaurantee championships especially for the fact that parody among competing teams is leaps and bounds above where it was back when Wayne and Mario played.

From a flames fan I could see jealously (not implying in this particular thread, but in general). Here you have two teams that have been pretty bad for a half dozen years or so. Throughout all that time the oilers have had the better and higher end draft picks but the flames rebuild has seemingly been decades ahead of the oilers in terms of turning the corner towards team success. Being the massive rivalry that this is between the teams fan bases, flames fans were obviously enjoying the fact that they were leaving the oilers far behind and loved to talk trash about how flames mgmt and coaching staff were gods while the oilers counterparts were laughing stocks. All legit claims considering the last few years. All that changed with the oilers winning the draft lottery. From a flames prospective it's like "here we have built properly, made astute trades and decisions at the draft table, while the keystone cops overthere have tripped ass backwards into a possible dynasty despite being one of the worst front office teams in the sports history"

I'm personally excited to see what will happen in Edmonton. A couple of my fantasy teams are highly invested in the young oilers (and it is silly to suggest that the oilers ruined any of them. Isn't the oldest one like 22? Lol. Ruined. Yeah) but I'm just saying I can see the frustration from others and not label it as jealousy, although I'm sure that some feel that way as well.

Dobber Sports Legend

I think McDavid is a great fit anywhere, including Edmonton, because he is a super talent. But the hockey fan in me loathes seeing the Oilers get "rewarded" for underachieving with all the 1st overall and top picks they've been fortunate enough to receive over recent years. I mean, at some point, after adding guys like Eberle, Hall, Schultz, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, Draisaitl, etc., you would expect the Oilers to be better than a bottom-basement lottery team. I think they've made some horrible personnel decisions with both players, management and coaching. I prefer to not see them get rewarded for such incompetence. Even drafting 4th and landing a Hanifin, Strome, Marner, Crouse, Provorov would have been a reward for them - let alone the greatest prospect since Crosby.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Sir View Post
    Small problem with that is that neither Lowe nor MacT were fired. They are both still employed by the Oilers Entertainment Group. Lowe remains the vice-chair of the OEG with Bob Nicholson. Craig MacTavish is also still with the team at this point in time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Small problem with that is that neither Lowe nor MacT were fired. They are both still employed by the Oilers Entertainment Group. Lowe remains the vice-chair of the OEG with Bob Nicholson. Craig MacTavish is also still with the team at this point in time.
    Ya, but they aren't the key players in making hockey decisions. MacT's role is still a bit of a mystery. I have read that Chiarelli has asked him to stay on and help him in a management role somehow but nothing has ever really come public.

Either way, the ship is veering away from the Old Boys Club and bringing in hockey minds that aren't past Oilers. That is the good thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."