Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Moves?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Moves?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    hopefully they don't trade one of HALL, RNH or EBERLE. They have been through hell.
    I can't see OEL moving, better chance of Phaneuf - maybe for Pittsburgh first rounder
    What about Gardiner?

They still have a shot at Matt OConnor. Sign a vet for a mentor.
    Sign Franson.
    Wow, this is pretty much how I feel about everyone of those you mentioned, although Scrivens might be good enough if the team improves defensively (and I don't just mean the D).

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm sure that whatever moves they make, they will be Bold ones.

Dobber Sports Master

#1 for #2 and OEL

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo2 View Post
    Well there's another expensive goalie that seems to have lost his spot at the moment so maybe Detroit is a fit?

Howard for RNH or A Nother player

or maybe a bigger stretch and I'm sure there would be other pieces due to cap etc

EDM -

Howard and Lupul

TOR -

RNH

DET -

Phaneuf
    Would love this move... So it won't hAppen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow, this is pretty much how I feel about everyone of those you mentioned, although Scrivens might be good enough if the team improves defensively (and I don't just mean the D).
    no... No he most certainly is not good enough. He wasn't in Toronto, he was sheltered in LA and only Edmonton felt he was worthy of the #1 role last year... But not so much that it stopped them from trying Fasth. They do NOT have a #1 tender on their active roster now. It must be priority 1A or 1B to upgrade there.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't think they are, or should be looking at any young roster players or currently drafted (high end) prospects to fill current holes. With the First rounders they have did the next two drafts excluding Mcdavid added to a good FA signing or two they should be able to get a nice start at least.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kessel and Phaneuf for McDavid. Nuff said.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Devils young D is no further along than Marincin and Klefbom. I don't see a fit there. The Oilers need veteran D, not more young D. Lots of young D in the system already.
    I think on the face of it I agree with your statement, yet the Devils youngsters have NHL experience
    Larsson has almost 200 games played
    Merrill 118

Those are the two I think the Oilers should covet, obviously Larsson over Merrill although I can see the logic behind acquiring Merrill too

Mancarin and Klefbom have talent without doubt but they have 1 years exeperience

The devils need offense badly
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Titan

Edmonton’s prospects are actually big and deep at the blueline. Nurse, Gernat, Musil, Klefborn and Simpson are solid prospects, it’s just they lack a PP QB right now. Their defense were drafted based on old GM tactics, and not advanced stats. They don’t have a massive possession player who drives the offense and keeps the puck out of their own zone; mostly because they saw their forwards doing fine.

They will have 4 D on their roster for sure next yr (Klef, Ference, Schultz, and Nurse) and maybe Musil will stick with them (played the last few games). If they get a PP QB in a defenseman in FA that D core is going to be decent; enough to not blow games. Maybe they can wait it out and take a salary dump trade from Chicago for Hjalmarsson, then ask about Howard in Detroit or even Miller in Vancouver. This team is honestly going to look a lot different next yr.

I only read a few pages here, but I’m surprised I didn’t see any Eberle+Pitts 1st round for a goalie or D-man. They have the ability to trade a star player away because they can point back at McDavid and say look we’ll be fine. But Leon, RNH, McDavid is too much at 1 position. Someone will need convert and it’s Leon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Just spitballin' here, but what do you think of this?

To Ottawa
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov, + combo of picks and spare parts

To Edmonton
    Cody Ceci, Craig Anderson, + combo of picks and spare parts to level the deal out

I'm starting to feel like HF Boards here (sorry ). But the Oilers need a goalie and Anderson popped into my head. The Sens don't need a center, so there's a big flaw. Do you have any ideas (without such a big flaw?)
    Dobber tell me your account was hacked, because this trade is absurd!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Ninja

To me this signifies the end of any possible excuse that the Oilers organization can possibly pitch for why their team continues to suck.

Getting McDavid is about more than just getting McDavid to me. It means that their organization that was already stockpiled with a ridiculous amount of young forward talent just got Connor freaking McDavid so it's time to DO SOMETHING with these assets. Management needs to assess which ones are expendable/will garner the highest return and make something happen.

I could very well be wrong but I can't help but get the vibe that the Oiler's lack of movement isn't due to limitations and roadblocks to trades, more than an unwillingness to look stupid if they trade the wrong guy away.

They need a friggin goalie more than anything. They need d-support too as far as a PPQB, but they have solid depth as far as prospects go. Goalies possibly available? Miller, Crawford, Niemi, Howard, Elliott (?), Anderson/Lehner/Hammond - depending on which way the Sens want to go. I think the Sens should sell high on Hammond.

Miller is an interesting case study due to geographic location. Crawford could very well be moved due to Hawk's cap constraints. So a Yak deal to Chicago makes sense for both teams.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Mactavish seems like a man who has no idea on what is going on from the management side of things..

Nobody in the league would trade McDavid..
    MacTavish? Wait a minute, is that the same guy who got fired after calling for Selanne's stick to be measured? What's he still doing behind the bench of a professional sports team?

Dobber Sports Icon

The Oilers should definitely not be trading RNH at this point in his career. Regardless of how good McDavid becomes, a team needs more than one center to be able to compete. The trade they should be making is Taylor Hall and Pittsburgh's 1st for a top pairing dman. I have no idea what other team would be interested in making this deal but there should be some team out there that would want this. Draisaitl or McDavid could then be converted to a winger and the Oilers could eventually run a top 6 of Pouliot-RNH-Eberle (was a very effective 1st line over the 2nd half of last season) and Draisaitl-McDavid-Yakupov (ozone starts, easy match ups). They have a pretty good checking line already with Gordon, Klinkhammer and Hendricks. That leaves a 4th line of Lander with Purcell and whoever. That's a pretty solid group of forwards.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The Oilers should definitely not be trading RNH at this point in his career. Regardless of how good McDavid becomes, a team needs more than one center to be able to compete. The trade they should be making is Taylor Hall and Pittsburgh's 1st for a top pairing dman. I have no idea what other team would be interested in making this deal but there should be some team out there that would want this. Draisaitl or McDavid could then be converted to a winger and the Oilers could eventually run a top 6 of Pouliot-RNH-Eberle (was a very effective 1st line over the 2nd half of last season) and Draisaitl-McDavid-Yakupov (ozone starts, easy match ups). They have a pretty good checking line already with Gordon, Klinkhammer and Hendricks. That leaves a 4th line of Lander with Purcell and whoever. That's a pretty solid group of forwards.
    I like all of that, though I'd prefer Draisaitl stay in the minors for another year at least, and then find a winger via Free Agency or something. I also suppose that Purcell could be the 2nd line winger with McDavid for now, if they want to find some other plug to play the 4th line.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98