Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Moves?

I...am your father.

Default Edmonton Moves?

Just spitballin' here, but what do you think of this?

To Ottawa
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov, + combo of picks and spare parts

To Edmonton
    Cody Ceci, Craig Anderson, + combo of picks and spare parts to level the deal out

I'm starting to feel like HF Boards here (sorry ). But the Oilers need a goalie and Anderson popped into my head. The Sens don't need a center, so there's a big flaw. Do you have any ideas (without such a big flaw?)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Edmonton Moves?

I don't think that type of deal would work for edm personally but man I'd love to see Ott get a deal like that. I'm not the biggest RNH guy (or yak for that matter) but man Ottawa would ha e a real solid lineup of relatively young guys.

The Great One

I wouldn't mind Anderson in Edmonton, but that is a major overpayment for an aging goalie.

I wouldn't even want to make that deal if it only involved one of RNH or Yakupov.

I do like the idea of making a deal, but at the moment I can't really think of anything that makes sense.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

trade xyz to san jose for jumbo and marleau ; sign niemi as ufa

pending joe and pat's waiving of ntc's

some nice insulation for mcdavid

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    trade xyz to san jose for jumbo and marleau ; sign niemi as ufa

pending joe and pat's waiving of ntc's

some nice insulation for mcdavid
    They need a couple of vets somehow, this would solve the problem. I doubt both Joe and Pat go in the same deal (ever), but the Oilers need vets
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nashville has a pretty solid D squad, wouldn't they be interested in trading one for Nuge?
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Dobber Sports Sage

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Chicago trades Crawford to Edmonton, just to dump salary and get some youth that is under control for a few years to relieve that tight cap.

Dobber it would be interesting to know which vet goalies dont have NTCs, though with adding McDavid you might see veterans actually wanting to go to Edmonton now.

Really too bad for Arizona, was hoping they could get an actual franchise player, Edmonton has wasted so many high picks and now they get the Golden Boy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

They need to follow the isles model.

Sign a goalie, Trade for some D and hope the rest falls in place.

Niemi could potentially replicate what Halak did this year.

As for the D, i doubt they get as lucky as the isles. So either they need to sign some or trade.

Martin, Michalek, Ehroff etc should be their targets. The oilers should no longer be a shithole FA destination with the acquisition of McDavid, so they really need to sell to these guys that the team will be very good soon.

Worst case they can always trade for Phaneuf

Realistically RNH is likely gone, probably for a D (package him + for OEL??? unlikely but would solve a lot of problems) They cant have McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH's salary eating up that much cap space long

term.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Just spitballin' here, but what do you think of this?

To Ottawa
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov, + combo of picks and spare parts

To Edmonton
    Cody Ceci, Craig Anderson, + combo of picks and spare parts to level the deal out

I'm starting to feel like HF Boards here (sorry ). But the Oilers need a goalie and Anderson popped into my head. The Sens don't need a center, so there's a big flaw. Do you have any ideas (without such a big flaw?)
    Ok, this is outlandish, but in Bizarro World, let's say the Flyers wanted to take a Mulligan on the Lindros deal and decided to offer...

To Philadelphia
    1st overall pick (McDavid)

To Edmonton
    Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn, Travis Sanheim, Steve Mason and 7th overall (a D like Werenski, Provorov, etc.)

Do the Oilers bite? They went from (most likely) picking 3rd and taking someone like Hanifin and could potentially add (2) very nice young forwards, (1) blue chip D prospect, a young starting goalie and another stud prospect at 7th overall instead.

Not to mention...

RNH
    Draisaitl
    Couturier

is a VERY nice center ice trio.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

What the Oilers need more than anything right now are a couple of puck moving defensemen and a goalie better than Scrivens. A guy like Mike Green will be UFA this summer. Go out and sell him on Edmonton and moving the puck to all those young stud forwards on the PP (and ES). Cody Franson, Ehrhoff and Paul Martin are also UFA. Pay big for at least one of those four. I'd be keeping RNH, he'll be going into his fifth NHL season. Not exactly a kid and will make a fine 2C until Draisaitl is ready. So excited right now.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Sign UFAs Niemi, Ehrhoff, Franson...not sure they can afford all of that but maybe two of them?

A trade for OEL would be awesome, though I doubt Arizona trades him now that Yandle is gone.

Nashville definitely has a lot of depth on defense. Neil Parker in the ramblings today seems pretty high on Ekholm. Jones would be the most ideal target, however. Maybe RNH for Jones?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Ok, this is outlandish, but in Bizarro World, let's say the Flyers wanted to take a Mulligan on the Lindros deal and decided to offer...

To Philadelphia
    1st overall pick (McDavid)

To Edmonton
    Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn, Travis Sanheim, Steve Mason and 7th overall (a D like Werenski, Provorov, etc.)

Do the Oilers bite? They went from (most likely) picking 3rd and taking someone like Hanifin and could potentially add (2) very nice young forwards, (1) blue chip D prospect, a young starting goalie and another stud prospect at 7th overall instead.

Not to mention...

RNH
    Draisaitl
    Couturier

is a VERY nice center ice trio.
    nope, not even close.

mcdavid isn't getting traded. i'm not even sure the oilers would move him if the flyers offered giroux straight up. you need to factor in his cap, upside, ticket sales...it will be almost impossible to see him get traded unless he makes it public he won't play for the oilers.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I don't think that pick budges or McDavid goes anywhere other than Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Even Edmonton couldn't screw this draft pick up, could they?

Dobber Sports Initiate

A few thoughts:

I would hate to see RNH leave . He would fetch the best return but he's soooooo efficient with the puck . I don't check the advanced stats much but he rarely gives up the puck . Great 1-2 punch down the middle . Not sure what you do with Draisaitl (can you afford the 3, could he become a winger?) . Yakupov is expendable IMO(easily) but I might keep him though and maybe trade a Hall or Eberle (good return and create cap room) but you have to be careful not to reproduce the Pittsburgh dilema(all C no $ for wings)

If Arizona gets Hanifin , they might consider an OEL trade , which would greatly stabilize Edm D .

I would NOT jump the gun on a G . Look what Miller did for Vancouver . They will have to discover a Mrazek,Lack ....

Sooo many options , it will be a treat to follow boys :-)
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23