Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chewie - We're home

I...am your father.

Default Re: Chewie - We're home

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Not sure if I should be excited about this one given what happened the last time we got a new Star Wars movie after the original trilogy.
    You should. They'll do it right. The last trilogy was with the right idea, but wrongly implemented. When I read the books leading up to and just after Revenge of the Sith, it made Revenge of the Sith an awesome movie. What they did was try to make this huge universe and backstory and hope that all the crossover stuff would be gobbled up by the fans. But mostly the fans just watched the movies, and so the build-up was lost on them.

Also, Jar Jar. I have no excuses to provide for Jar Jar. Just a bad, bad mistake that would have made that particular movie 10 times as good if they gave him a normal voice and made him less of a goof.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I saw them more than enough for the both of you. Probably 60-80 times for the first three, and 10 times each on the newer three. I just gobbled that stuff up as a kid, and I still get pretty into it now
    I wish there was some way to count the number of times the star wars films have been viewed. I'm sure the number is mindboggling... given that many of the films have been inter-generational, I imagine the number would be over 100 billion views.

Dobber Sports Star

I didn't hate the original triology at all. Jar Jar was annoying of course, but they weren't as bad as they're made up to be.

The original triology is better and a classic.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i didn't mind the 3 "newer" films. yes they get a lot of hate, but darth maul was badass, and the yoda/siduous fight scene was pretty awesome too.

i had goosebumps watching this new trailer, the music just brings back all the memories. i'm just worried my eyes will bleed when i see princess lea now

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I saw them more than enough for the both of you. Probably 60-80 times for the first three, and 10 times each on the newer three. I just gobbled that stuff up as a kid, and I still get pretty into it now
    I am in the same boat. I have also read over a hundred of the novels (mostly in chronological order from Pre-Phantom Menace to Legacy of the Force era). I do wish the new trilogy was following some of the story that the novels have created. A film version of the Thrawn trilogy or the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion would be awesome. I am trying to temper my excitement about this new film and hope it is more in line with the original trilogy than the prequels. Either way, I will be going to the theatre and will be taking my 12 year old son with me. I have him brainwashed to be a Star Wars fan too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Legend

Lucas is back in the game. No Jar Jar mail in job here.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i laughed:

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hope my comment yesterday didn't come over as not wanting to see the movies, or somehow being proud I haven't seen them. Just letting Percy know he isn't the only person on earth not living in a remote village in the Amazon who hasn't seen Star Wars, there's two of us.

I've had it on my list of things to do but it seems there's always something else that grabs my attention before I can sit down and start watching. Hey.....do I get partial credit for watching both of the Mythbusters Star Wars specials?
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ninja

So this is supposed to happen before the Yuuzhan Vong Wars I assume

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    So this is supposed to happen before the Yuuzhan Vong Wars I assume

Nerd.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

If this movie doesn't gross over $200 million at the box office, I WILL change my avatar and name to Carlos Spicy Weener.

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

I've never seen the original 3 movies I don't think. I have vague ewok-related memories from being a little kid, but could tell you nothing about the movies... Am I making a mistake?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

even this looks badass

Vader!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man I'm so stoked for Battlefront. I grew up playing the first two Battlefronts with my friends on Xbox and I also was into Battlegrounds for the PC which was like an Age of Empires game with Star Wars characters.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    If this movie doesn't gross over $200 million at the box office, I WILL change my avatar and name to Carlos Spicy Weener.

You mean in the first day?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi