Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5th overall pick in 2015

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 5th overall pick in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I really like Konecny. I think he's a bit underrated. Fantasy-wise, he should be in the mix in the 5-10 range.
    I agree with you on this. I think he has the potential to be this draft years Pastrnak but I would still have a tough time picking him in the 5-10 range ahead of Hanifan, Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, Provorov, Crouse or Meier.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I agree with you on this. I think he has the potential to be this draft years Pastrnak but I would still have a tough time picking him in the 5-10 range ahead of Hanifan, Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, Provorov, Crouse or Meier.
    I agree with this. I could easily put him #13 on my list because of how close the players in that range are but I have a hard time putting him any higher than that. But if someone wants to make a case for him, I'm interested to hear why.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think hanifin will be taken higher but werenski will be the better dman, at least fantasy wise. i know we shouldnt take the WJC into account too heavily but werenski easily outplayed hanifin.
    Werenski outplayed Hanifin at the WJC? You and I were watching different tournaments I guess.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Werenski outplayed Hanifin at the WJC? You and I were watching different tournaments I guess.
    One tournament doesn't make him a better player or mean he deserves to get picked higher.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    One tournament doesn't make him a better player or mean he deserves to get picked higher.
    Obviously I agree with you 100% and that's not what I was suggesting. All I was doing was taking exception to his statement, as in my view Hanifin definitely outplayed Werenski at the WJC. But that has very little to do with who I would take first in a fantasy draft, which I will keep to myself because of all the dobber forum lurkers in my dynasty league...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I really like Konecny. I think he's a bit underrated. Fantasy-wise, he should be in the mix in the 5-10 range.
    agreed. People forget he was drafted 1st overall ahead of Strome and Marner. He's got oodles of upside

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think a lot of it has to do with who ends up where in the NHL draft. I wouldn't touch whoever ends up in Edmonton... they seem to ruin everyone they touch recently (sorry EDM fans, nothing against you). Assuming they take Hanifin, that leaves you looking at guys like Crouse, Barzal, Meier, Rantanen, and Konecny. I wouldn't go D as they generally take longer to develop than F (and I'm not sold on guys like Provorov or Werenski being worth a #5 pick in a fantasy draft). Second, which way do you want to go? Production or all around contributions? Crouse is going to be a stud in leagues that count hits and PIMs, but his offensive upside isn't that of the other guys I listed. If you want flat out production, it's a tough choice. I think Konecny is very underrated with his injury shortened season but Rantanen is also really intriguing with his size (6'4, 200+ lb). I think he could be something special. Wouldn't be surprised if Carolina takes him given their love affair with Finns, but he could slide a bit. I really don't think you can make a bad pick at #5, it's more what direction you want to take your team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Obviously I agree with you 100% and that's not what I was suggesting. All I was doing was taking exception to his statement, as in my view Hanifin definitely outplayed Werenski at the WJC. But that has very little to do with who I would take first in a fantasy draft, which I will keep to myself because of all the dobber forum lurkers in my dynasty league...
    from the USA games i watched, werenski stood out more. hanifin didn't do anything to catch my attention to show he's worth of a top 4 pick.

and to clarify, i still think hanifin will be the better NHL dman. but fantasy, i'm leaning slightly towards werenski. again, all depends on where they get drafted. and i'd still take hanifin over werenski in a fantasy draft, he has better name value anyways so if i really wanted werenski i'd be better off trading down.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    from the USA games i watched, werenski stood out more. hanifin didn't do anything to catch my attention to show he's worth of a top 4 pick.

and to clarify, i still think hanifin will be the better NHL dman. but fantasy, i'm leaning slightly towards werenski. again, all depends on where they get drafted. and i'd still take hanifin over werenski in a fantasy draft, he has better name value anyways so if i really wanted werenski i'd be better off trading down.
    Hanifin raised his game after the WJC. He was playing PP and PK. He was named to the NCAA 2nd all star team. Not bad for an 18 YO kid.

I have not found a link but he was playing on the same team than Michael Matheson. And I think Hanifin finish the year as the #1 D for Boston College.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2