Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Open Chat - Ottawa Sens vs. Pittsburgh Pens - LIVE!

Banned

Default Re: Open Chat - Ottawa Sens vs. Pittsburgh Pens - LIVE!

We just finished explaining its not all about points. Remember Jason Spezza? Boston is paying Bergeron 6.5 million to get less than 60 points. Who cares? Sens management know what they're doing and I trust them to want to trade for Bobby and sign him for 7 years. He's a game beaker, has heart and character, and we need guys like that. Sens aren't even in this position without Bobby.

hoopo: St. Louis Rams. My NFL team haha.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Open Chat - Ottawa Sens vs. Pittsburgh Pens - LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    We just finished explaining its not all about points. Remember Jason Spezza? Boston is paying Bergeron 6.5 million to get less than 60 points. Who cares? Sens management know what they're doing and I trust them to want to trade for Bobby and sign him for 7 years. He's a game beaker, has heart and character, and we need guys like that. Sens aren't even in this position without Bobby.

hoopo: St. Louis Rams. My NFL team haha.
    Did you just compare Bobby Ryan to Patrice Bergeron?

Don't know of many teams in the league willing to spend $7 mil on a 2nd line 55 point winger. I don't care how much he's improved over the years... he doesn't have half the intangibles Patrice brings to the table.

With Stone's emergence and the importance of managing cap space I'd be surprised if he's still a Senator three years from now. As long as he is a Sen, it's going to be tough for them to sign Stone for anything less than what he got - after his bridge-contract of course. No-way they keep two wingers making $7+ mil - and I know which player I'd rather have on my team.

Bobby is talented, but he landed this fat contract because of the goals he scored 3-4 years ago. Unless he returns to his 30+ goal ways I can't see them keeping him for the entirety of his contract.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko