Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 07 2015

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 07 2015

Coming off a title win for league in sig. Defense core was the heart of my team and I am loathe to break it up, but realistically I can only keep 3, maybe 4. So considering age and given G, A, PPP, +/-, SOG and Hits....and ignoring the obvious choice in Karlsson, how would you rank these guys?

OEL
    Faulk
    Burns
    Yandle
    Giordano.

That's my order but I am guessing you and most others would move Faulk way down - but he does shoot and hit with the best of 'em.

Thanks for the input.
    10 Team, weekly H2H one-win league. Keep 15, any position. 26 man roster.

Skaters: G, A, PPP, SHG, GWG,+/-, Shots, Hits.
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SO.

Start: 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G.

C: McDavid, Mackinnon, Lindholm
    LW:
    A. Svechnikov, Stamkos, Forsberg, Stutzle
    RW: Kempe
    D: Dahlin, Ekblad, Seider, Bouchard,
    ​Sergachev/Chychrun

G: Shesterkin, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

What do you see for Vanek heading forward? Ie - is his 50-55 this year what we can expect

Same for Bobby Ryan? Is this what we can expect from him? 50-55

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    Cap hit Dynasty that is out of the mix this year, so looking to next year.
    Team 1 in Sig.

Currently on the wire: C.Wilson, J.Bailey, MacArthur, J.T.Miller, Fisher. Nothing much on D.

I know I've got some old timers in Jagr, MSL, and Zidlicky.
    Hoping Jagr ups in FLA and Zids in DET. Expecting MSL to re-up in NYR. Not too big on that tho with the youth movement starting there.

Would you dump any of those 3 or others on my roster for any on the wire.
    Thanx Dobbs.
    I'd swap out Jagr for Wilson. I think that's all I'd do
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Mike Green or Dennis Wideman going forward. G, A, PPP, +/-, BS, Hits and PIM.

Thanks.
    For this week I would rather have Wideman (http://hockey.dobbersports.com/froze...15%3AR&sent=go) three games left over Green (http://hockey.dobbersports.com/froze...15%3AR&sent=go) with two games left. Both players have five points in their last five games. Wideman has a few more Hits

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by akahamlet View Post
    Thanks! So you think Andersen will reign long term? I did keep Bernier for 3 seasons while he was the understudy to Quick, don't want to make the same mistake again. Thanks again!
    I think Andersen is the better goaltender, and he's also not as injury prone as Gibson. I think he'll be the guy long term. And I think Gibson/Bernier comparable is a good one

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I asked this in the Goalie discussion but will try you.

Rank Hammond, Hutchinson, Scrivens, and Stalock next year and beyond.

1. Hutchinson
    2. Scrivens
    3. Stalock
    4. Hammond

Any one of these goalies could never win a game in the NHL again. And any one of them could win 200+ NHL games in the future. Just so volatile, I can see why you're stuck. But for now, that's my rank.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by yves.giroux View Post
    We keep 4 in our league (G,A,Pts,+/-,Shots,PPP,Hits,Blocks,W,GAA,SV%).
    I have the following options to go on:
    Shea Weber
    Pekka Rinne
    Sergei Bobrovsky
    Anze Kopitar
    Blake Wheeler
    Matt Duchene
    Patric Hornqvist

Slim pickings. And from my experience, drafting has never been more zen than when you already have 2 goalies, but keeping Pekka, Bob and Webs leaves the front pretty shaky...
    I could eventually get one of Pacioretty, Couture, Backes, Burns, Zetterberg or MacKinnon for a 6th round draft pick (we start on r5).

What would be your strategy?
    Thanks!
    Keep Kopitar, Rinne, Bobrovsky, Weber. I'm not understanding your trade - you can get MacKinnon for what equates to a second round pick and you'd keep him instead of Kopitar? Or you can keep your four, and then acquire MacK for the 2nd? I think you can probably get MacKinnon in the third round of the draft (i.e. the 7th round), so no sense. In a keep 4, every team will be shaky somewhere. But you have G covered and that's what's important.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    What do you think about Huberdeau, Monahan and Kapanen for next year and going forward?

Thanks for doing this!
    next year:
    Huberdeau - break out. I'll go out on a limb and say close to 65 if healthy
    Monahan - another step forward, maybe a couple more points than this year
    Kapanen - won't make the team

Long term, all three can get high 70s

Administrator

I have 5 "rookies" and only have room for 3 of them in my salary cap keeper list.... Who do I keep?

Klingberg, Mark Stone, Kucherov, Gaudreau, Trouba.

Would it be worth it to try to acquire Mackinnon for a veteran (Simmonds) + one of these top end rookies (maybe Stone)?
    Same question for Hedman: worth it to try to trade someone like Barrie + a rookie (Gaudreau) for him?

Or should I just keep what I have?
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Pro

Should I risk dropping Patches for Atkinson over these last 4 days? I know he plays the 8th, 10th and 11th. And Patches would play the 9th and 11th. It is my last add/drop of the year. Anyone you could recommend over Atkinson too would be great. I just know CBJ plays Buf and Tor. Mind you I could drop Holtby as well since Wash only has 2 games left and I think Peters will start one, I just may need that extra game if he plays well

It is a 1 year league. All normal stats for forwards (+/-, g, a, pim, ppp, shp) except it has SOG count as well
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Padawan

thanks dobber for doing this!

which 7 of my forwards (both my teams in sig) should be kept for next year?

thanks again
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Stud

Vancouver next year with their goalies - how does it pan out?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Likely blowing up the league in sig for next year due to some league parity issues (and implementing some new rules). We might go all the way down to 4 keepers, but may possibly also do more keepers or something like keep 1 LW, 1 C, 1 RW, 2 D, 1 G.

I guess what would be most helpful is answering this: For team and league in my signature, can you rank the order you would keep players? Maybe rank the top 8 keepers?

I'm thinking something like Seguin, Giroux, Kane, Subban, Price, Hall, Pacioretty, Carlson.

I feel like MaxPac should maybe be bumped up though, as he's such a beauty in our league setup.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Is Beaulieu going to be a better all-around NHL d-man, rather than a fantasy asset worth owning in a points dynasty league?

Thanks
    I think he'll be a fantasy asset. Sometimes defensemen take five to seven years, especially when the team is established and they have quality players higher on the pecking order

Dobber Sports Prodigy

TY Dobber for this.

1- For a H2H stats league (G, A, pts, PPP, SOG, H+B, PIM, FOW), I must trim down my roster a bit for next year. So I plan to use some player to upgrade other position. I have 5 player with nice depth value in our league. Can you tell me wath you expect from those 5 player going forward.

Cedric Paquette
    Adam Lowry
    Leo Komarov
    Anders Lee
    Johan Larsson

2-Can we expect a bounce back from Boedker next year (say 55 pts?) or Arz will be to bad to warant keeping him?