View Poll Results: First to move in the offseason?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Kessel

18 45.00%
  • Phaneuf

15 37.50%
  • Joe Thornton

6 15.00%
  • Marleau

0 0%
  • Eberle

1 2.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who will be the first to leave in the offseason?

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Who will be the first to leave in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Phaneuf to Detroit..
    Yeah, that's another good one.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I disagree with that comparison. I like Ryan, but Kessel is a much more offensive player, which is something that teams covet and will overpay for. Kessel has been in the top 10 in points a couple of times. Since the trade that sent him to Toronto, Kessel is fifth in goals and 15th in points. Sure, his cap hit is huge, but they can expect a top rated prospect back at the very least, plus picks and maybe a roster player. If not, they'll be content with Kessel's 40 goals, 80 points next year.
    That's what fantasy owners covet. NHL teams covet size and character. Kessel doesn't have either.

Every GM in the league knows that Kessel wants out of Toronto, and Toronto wants to trade Kessel while he still holds some value. He's not going to score 80 points in Toronto, he's probably not even going to score 60 points if he's not happy where he's playing. Also, only a few teams in the league can actually afford to absorb Kessel's contract, and those GMs know that. They know there will not be a bidding war for him.

I'm not a Florida fan, I'm giving my unbiased opinion. Fans always think their player is worth way more than what they're actually going to get for him. Cory Schneider is another good example; he was traded for the 9th overall pick and nothing else. Fans are usually left wondering "Is that all we got for him?"

Dobber Sports Titan

That was Schneider deal was just weird to begin with. Ryan is prolly the best comparison just because of the contract differences.

Kessel is better than Ryan, has had a higher ceiling and put up better seasons consistently. He’s still “young”, and he’s playing every game. But the 8x8 contract is tough. However, I would expect the trochek ++ deal that was said, but maybe another pick and a contract coming back. I’m not sure who would come back but someone prolly would. Maybe Brian Campbell, his contract is 7.142mill and done after the 2015-16 season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    None of the above?
    I agree.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That's what fantasy owners covet. NHL teams covet size and character. Kessel doesn't have either.

Every GM in the league knows that Kessel wants out of Toronto, and Toronto wants to trade Kessel while he still holds some value. He's not going to score 80 points in Toronto, he's probably not even going to score 60 points if he's not happy where he's playing. Also, only a few teams in the league can actually afford to absorb Kessel's contract, and those GMs know that. They know there will not be a bidding war for him.

I'm not a Florida fan, I'm giving my unbiased opinion. Fans always think their player is worth way more than what they're actually going to get for him. Cory Schneider is another good example; he was traded for the 9th overall pick and nothing else. Fans are usually left wondering "Is that all we got for him?"
    Don't even compare goalie value. Due to the abundance of quality and the limited need you are never going to get fair value.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Bobby Ryan was traded to Ottawa for Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and 10th overall draft pick. I would say Trochek has similar value to Silfverberg at the time, Petrovic has similar value to Noesen, and the draft pick is in the same range. And I actually think Bobby Ryan had more trade value than Kessel has right now because of the contract Kessel has and the production he's had this season.

So based on the Bobby Ryan trade, that's the type of package Leafs should expect to get. I know they want Barkov+Bjugstad+1st but they're not going to get anything close to that.
    silfverberg had more value than trochek at the time he was traded, but the rest of the assets seem similar depending on the position of the picks.

and kessel easily has more value than ryan. kessel is a top scorer in the league the past like 3 or 4 seasons i think? ryan's resume is easily less impressive.

i dont think i've seen even the most insane leafs fan expecting barkov + bjugstad + 1st.

1 of barkov/bjugstad would be what leafs fans generally want, but it won't happen. hence why i said huberdeau + 1st which is more than reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That was Schneider deal was just weird to begin with. Ryan is prolly the best comparison just because of the contract differences.

Kessel is better than Ryan, has had a higher ceiling and put up better seasons consistently. He’s still “young”, and he’s playing every game. But the 8x8 contract is tough. However, I would expect the trochek ++ deal that was said, but maybe another pick and a contract coming back. I’m not sure who would come back but someone prolly would. Maybe Brian Campbell, his contract is 7.142mill and done after the 2015-16 season.
    leafs wont trade kessel if the best piece coming back is trochek. unless they plan on gunning hard for 1st overall next season.

Dobber Sports Expert

Who thinks up these deals?????

Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Phaneuf.

Eberle isn't going anywhere. I'm not sold that we'll see Kessel go either. Just a hunch.

The SHarks won't go until a little closer to the draft.