Thread: mlb the show 2015

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default mlb the show 2015

Anyone pick it up yet? Curious how it is...
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: mlb the show 2015

Installing as I type. Love the fact that I won't lose the RTTS pitcher and 2nd baseman I've got going on '14 now that they've included year-to-year saves.

Can't wait to dive in. 6 minutes counting.....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Before I get started a bit of a disclaimer, I'm strictly an RTTS guy so that's what I'll be commenting on. I can't speak about Diamond Dynasty and Franchise modes. Also I'm still on the PS3 so I can't say what differences there may be in between the PS4 versions, other than with the teething pains they had last year you'd probably be well off to go get this one.

Overall it feels a lot like The Show '14. The menus have been re-done and feel a lot easier, especially in-game when you want to tweak a slider or something, to find what your looking for. Most of options are the same, but now in RTTS you can tweak your CPU infielders and outfielders separately. It also gives you the ability to change how easy or hard it is to for the game to level you up or down in difficulty if you use dynamic difficulty.

The AI fielders seem more realistic now. They don't always take the perfect the route to balls so there is randomness to it much like real life. Their ratings have more effect on how they react and respond. Playing as a pitcher it puts more onus on you to get your locations and strategy correct since they won't alway bail you out with a highlight reel catch.

Strategy wise the most notable thing right off the jump with the AI is bunting. They hardly ever bunted in '14, now they use it fairly realistically based on situation. Like that added bit of realism.

They have added customizable equipment much like what EA's NHL series allows you to do with sticks, skates, etc. Kind of smacks a bit of gimmick-y add on. We'll see, but that's just my knee jerk reaction.

I did have to adjust to the pitch motion in this version. I use Darvish as the model for my pitcher and it took a few pitches to relocate my release points for each pitch and location. Nothing major, but at least his pitching motion seems just the slightest bit different compared to last year's game.

All-in-all I really like it, but it's not an evolutionary jump forward in the series. It's more a case of minor tweaks and refinements across the board, presentations, AI, menus, little things. They are sort of reaching that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it territory". They did go back and re-model all the Major League ballparks, but I would love to see them include the real minor league parks. I understand that's a helluva lot of work for the graphics team and legal eagles to secure permission to use them. Still there are some real beauties, Dell Diamond in Round Rock, Tx comes straight to mind. But that's all wishful thinking.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks!! Picking up a copy tonight, very excited

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'd love to hear how amazing this game is for the PS4..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is the best sports game I have played on the PS4 to date. The detail that went into the parks players etc is simply breathtaking. Must own IMO.

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G