Thread: The Leafs Bernier Makes Internet Crazy with "Controversial" Comments

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The Leafs Bernier Makes Internet Crazy with "Controversial" Comments

The internet goes crazy over innocuous comments by Leafs goalie Jon Bernier.

http://thehockeywriters.com/bernier-goes-way-too-far/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: The Leafs Bernier Makes Internet Crazy with "Controversial" Comments

It is articles and headlines like this that make me want to read anything from The Hockey Writers less and less.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Leafs Bernier Makes Internet Crazy with "Controversial" Comments

Stop. All of you hockey writers. Stop.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I saw this thread and assumed that Bernier had publicly mistaken Mahatma Ghandi for a championship rugby player.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

clickbait!!!!!!

does anyone know how we can hide the hockey writers section from the latest post feed? I think there was a way to customize it so we can remove sections we don't want to see.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here's how"

Settings at the top right
    Left hand side under My Settings / My Account select General Settings
    All the way at the bottom Forums To Exclude From View
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    clickbait!!!!!!

does anyone know how we can hide the hockey writers section from the latest post feed? I think there was a way to customize it so we can remove sections we don't want to see.
    Yes, in your settings. You can hide it from 'new posts' as well.

And yes, this wasn't very nice. I'll call this one a brain fart, James. We're intelligent hockey fans here, we can certainly read your article if we choose (and many would - you'd be surprised) but try not to trick or mislead us into clicking so that we see what he said. In the future, post the intro to your story (first paragraph or two) and then the link, and then stimulate discussion with your two cents. This time you made it seem like a Facebook upworthy post "When I saw what this guy did for the homeless man, I literally cried"

You want people to follow you in this section, but this can make people want to block you or remove this section from what they can see. And that doesn't help you at all. I'm going to send the THW crew a note with some tips on how to best use the forum to share your work and get the most clicks as well as the best positive response.

Your work generates great discussion in here and this article was actually well done - but people can't get past how they got to it (myself included)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

thanks guys.

i've tried to ignore them but they are just so annoying with the clickbait titles.

and there are loads of us who hate the hockey writers now, and refuse to read their articles or even click on their links. so for their sake i hope your talk with them makes them change their awful titles, because clickbaiting to get us to read them are in fact doing the opposite. and when you add in the fact that most if not all of these guys who post here do nothing else to contribute to the forums, it's no wonder why everyone here bashes on them. there's a reason why the black aces has done so well and the hockey writers are a complete joke.