Thread: Who Should be the Leafs Next Coach ?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who Should be the Leafs Next Coach ?

Some ideas maybe no one else is talking about

http://thehockeywriters.com/who-shou...fs-next-coach/

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Who Should be the Leafs Next Coach ?

They need to get a guy who has a history of winning and knows what it takes to run a successful franchise. Horachek and Eakins are not those coaches.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How's that history of winning working out lately? Quinn, Burns, Maurice, Wilson, Carlyle, they all have a history of winning and (one assumes) know what it takes to run a successful franchise, so I don't really follow this logic. That was the entire point of the article - to stop thinking this way because it doesn't work.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

But it makes a lot more sense to choose between coaches whose respective records are 36-63-14 (Eakins) and 33-62-7 (Horachek), right?

So the Leafs should do the complete opposite of what would make sense and that makes sense to you?

You argue the opposite of common sense with every single one of your posts.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by James_tanner123 View Post
    How's that history of winning working out lately? Quinn, Burns, Maurice, Wilson, Carlyle, they all have a history of winning and (one assumes) know what it takes to run a successful franchise, so I don't really follow this logic. That was the entire point of the article - to stop thinking this way because it doesn't work.
    The team's coach will be practically negligible for a few years. Whoever comes in (or stays) needs to not ruin the young players they build the team around over the next while, and that's it. The Leafs will suck for a while.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by James_tanner123 View Post
    Incompetence upstairs had a lot more to do with those years than their choice of coaches.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust