View Poll Results: Which of the following Western Conference teams will miss the playoffs?

Voters
15. This poll is closed
  • Calgary Flames

10 66.67%
  • Los Angeles Kings

5 33.33%
  • Minnesota Wild

0 0%
  • Vancouver Canucks

0 0%
  • Winnipeg Jets

0 0%

Thread: Which team will miss the playoffs in the Western Conference?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which team will miss the playoffs in the Western Conference?

These five teams are fighting for the last four playoff spots in the Western Conference. One of these teams has to miss the playoffs. Which one is it?
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Wolverine

Default Re: Which team will miss the playoffs in the Western Conference?

I'm a Flames fan but I feel that it will be tough for them to sneak in even though the standings are pretty close. Their upcoming schedule is pretty tough as their next games are away at Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas and St. Louis. If they are still within striking distance after that stretch then perhaps they have a shot with the Oilers and Coyotes up next. Then possible playoff deciders against the Kings and Jets. Obviously the key is the next four game stretch.

Is wins one of the tiebreaks? If so, the Canucks are in a solid position with three more wins over the Flames and six more than the Kings. The Jets have one less than the Flames and two more over the Kings, so I think it'll come down to those three.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the Flames can pull out something special in the final couple weeks.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think LA comes up short. They came closer to making the playoffs than I expected actually.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think LA comes up short. They came closer to making the playoffs than I expected actually.
    Just checked LA's schedule and noticed they play Edmonton twice. I can't believe I'm going to be cheering for the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I'm a Flames fan but I feel that it will be tough for them to sneak in even though the standings are pretty close. Their upcoming schedule is pretty tough as their next games are away at Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas and St. Louis. If they are still within striking distance after that stretch then perhaps they have a shot with the Oilers and Coyotes up next. Then possible playoff deciders against the Kings and Jets. Obviously the key is the next four game stretch.

Is wins one of the tiebreaks? If so, the Canucks are in a solid position with three more wins over the Flames and six more than the Kings. The Jets have one less than the Flames and two more over the Kings, so I think it'll come down to those three.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the Flames can pull out something special in the final couple weeks.
    The Flames lost tonight, so they will definitely be in tough now. But the Canucks also have a tough road trip next week. Stops in St. Louis, Nashville, Chicago, and Winnipeg. Those four games in six nights.

Regulation/overtime wins is the tiebreaker if two teams have the same number of points. As of right now:

Minnesota 39 ROW
    Vancouver 39 ROW
    Winnipeg 32 ROW
    LA 35 ROW
    Calgary 36 ROW
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Rookie

LA and Min will be fine and both will be in the show. Both these teams have loads of experienced vets to ensure they'll advance. They find ways to win.
    Vanoucer and Winnipeg wil both make it as well. They are currently locked in and I think they hold.
    Calgary has had a nice run this year and I like the team they are building but right now they are learning how to win. Not there yet.
    Calgary will not advance.