Thread: Steve Delabar unhappy with demotion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Steve Delabar unhappy with demotion

And I don't blame him. From everything I've heard Delabar has actually been solid in spring training and looks more like 2013 Delabar than 2014 Delabar. To work that hard in Triple A and feel like you're starting to bring it again just to get sent down simply because of options? I'd be really pissed too.

Sometimes I like the methodical way AA approaches contracts and control but then there are times like this where it's just f'king stupid as hell. The way he's jerking Delabar around he's not going to wanna play for the Jays ever again anyway and now people know he's not happy.

This guy has struggled and struggled his entire career to bring it back and he was amazing in 2013...just to go back to the struggle in 2014. To not be rewarded for his hard work is just bullshit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Steve Delabar unhappy with demotion

His demotion must mean the Jays plan on heading North with the two kids, Osuna and Castro.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

I don't want Delabar on this team and I'm glad he's demoted. The two kids need to stick, and now they are. Buh bye Mr. Overrated Delabar. Hard work? Yeah, Ricky Romero works hard too. Need more than hard work. Such as, I don't know...talent?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Very bitter about Delabar after last season. We were counting on the bullpen and it blew, and I'm looking right at him
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Wasn't Delabar supposed to compete for the closer role this spring??

The Jays bullpen (and rotation) are all over the road right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Delabar supposed to compete for the closer role this spring??

The Jays bullpen (and rotation) are all over the road right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Delabar needed to go lights out this spring for me to have any confidence in him. He did meh. His slider had no bite on it, his fastballs were still up in the zone, and he was out-dueled by both young kids. If he had this camp after a 2013 like season he’d prolly get the benefit of the doubt and be in the MLB, but he didn’t. Delabar is a hack and had 1 good season, and rode last yr with it.

That being said, the 2 kids could have done well (I think combined they had 0ERA and like a 0.9WHIP) because the hitters didn’t really know them. But Delabar shouldn’t be THAT well known over these 2. Good thing is tho, we now have a pitcher who SHOULD be fueled with piss and vinegar if we have an injury to be called up.

The way the whole pitching group is right now, why not have some more youth in there. Could be the start of a solid core that has a lot of fun together if they’re all the same age.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I wonder about the message it sends to the veterans though. The window is rapidly closing on guys like Dickey, Buehrle, Bautista, EE, and Reyes. They also didn't acquire Martin and Donaldson to roll the dice on unproven kids in the pen. They need to win. Soon.

Having said that, I can only go by what I've read... I honestly haven't seen any action yet this spring. If the kids outpitched Delabar, so be it.
    Also I think Delabar had an option or something so he could go down to AAA without going through waivers. So he can go up and down a lot easier than the younger guys. I could be wrong tho.

I see it as no free passes for the vets tho more than anything. I never liked it when Delabar came up last yr. The addition to Sanchez winning the closer role over Jansen last yr was a good notion of a push for “best playing guys play”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I wonder about the message it sends to the veterans though. The window is rapidly closing on guys like Dickey, Buehrle, Bautista, EE, and Reyes. They also didn't acquire Martin and Donaldson to roll the dice on unproven kids in the pen. They need to win. Soon.

Having said that, I can only go by what I've read... I honestly haven't seen any action yet this spring. If the kids outpitched Delabar, so be it.
    Also I think Delabar had an option or something so he could go down to AAA without going through waivers. So he can go up and down a lot easier than the younger guys. I could be wrong tho.

I see it as no free passes for the vets tho more than anything. I never liked it when Delabar came up last yr. The addition to Sanchez winning the closer role over Jansen last yr was a good notion of a push for “best playing guys play”.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I just want our damn bullpen to be successful again.. Cecil scares me as the best possible option for the closer role..

Lets put up 10 a game and not have to rely on our relievers that much!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..