Thread: The NHL draft Lottery is NOT rigged.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The NHL draft Lottery is NOT rigged.

The Idea that the #NHL would rig the draft lottery is ridiculous. Here's why:

http://thehockeywriters.com/conspira...are-laughable/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: The NHL draft Lottery is NOT rigged.

Of course not, if it was actually rigged Toronto would win the 1st overall pick every year.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Of course not, if it was actually rigged Toronto would win the 1st overall pick every year.
    why would the NHL want the most successful franchise (in terms of $$$) to have McDavid?

scenario A:

Leafs get Mcdavid. Attendance barely changes as they already sell out. Jersey sales increase.
    Phx remains a shithole and loses money.

scenario B:

Leafs don't get Mcdavid. Attendance barely changes as they already sell out. Jersey sales barely changes.
    Phx is now a money making franchise, attendance increases and jersey sales increase.

the day the leafs win the lottery is the day I stop believing the draft is rigged. I still don't see any reason why they would do the actual lottery behind closed doors, apart from it being rigged.

Arizona will get McDavid, with Buffalo having a slim chance.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was curious about the behind the closed doors thing because all I have ever seen is Bill Daly on TSN opening the envelopes with the team logos on it but not pull a ball out of a cage like the old bingo cage ball holders...so I wondered if say the Sabreas have 25% chance and Leafs have 10% for example, well how many balls do they each get and so on...and since its not broadcasted we don't really know. Wouldn't that add to the partial excitement rather than watch someone open an envelope? I ran this simulator the other day 300 times and the Sabres won about 55 times and the Leafs won it like 15-20 and I ran it just now 100 times and Buffalo won it 19 times and the Leafs won it 10....

Check it out...

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/

Banned

Edmonton was successful financially regardless of team success yet they got 3 first overall picks. It's not rigged.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by burnsy00 View Post
    I was curious about the behind the closed doors thing because all I have ever seen is Bill Daly on TSN opening the envelopes with the team logos on it but not pull a ball out of a cage like the old bingo cage ball holders...so I wondered if say the Sabreas have 25% chance and Leafs have 10% for example, well how many balls do they each get and so on...and since its not broadcasted we don't really know. Wouldn't that add to the partial excitement rather than watch someone open an envelope? I ran this simulator the other day 300 times and the Sabres won about 55 times and the Leafs won it like 15-20 and I ran it just now 100 times and Buffalo won it 19 times and the Leafs won it 10....

Check it out...

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/#/
    good link Burnsy - had arizona win 5/20 times - If anyone needs a Mcd its the coyutes.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Buffalo has an 80% chance to not get the 1st overall, everyone forgets that finishing last doesn’t guarantee 1st overall, it just guarantees 1 of top2. That’s why it seems rigged. The jets would get the last pick last yr if it was rigged
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Ottawa or Calgary should get it. You shouldn't miss the playoffs if you have more than +15 goal differential. =

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ottawa or Calgary should get it. You shouldn't miss the playoffs if you have more than +15 goal differential. =
    You can in a league with teams tanking so shamelessly that more than 16 teams have a positive goal differential.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

In other news, the Easter Bunny doe NOT exist.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Giant

I'd like to see it more weighted, but for teams to be able to slip further up, not just to second.place a set amount of balls per team by how you finished. And the pull ask of them for the order.
    I don't think it's rigged, I just don't like the rules of it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    I'd like to see it more weighted, but for teams to be able to slip further up, not just to second.place a set amount of balls per team by how you finished. And the pull ask of them for the order.
    I don't think it's rigged, I just don't like the rules of it.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.
    This makes a lot more sense than the current rules.

I also think it's a little suspicious that they do the actual lottery behind closed doors. In any case, we'll never know if it's rigged or not.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork