Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RUMOR] Phaneuf to the Red Wings

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: [RUMOR] Phaneuf to the Red Wings

That would be a win if we get something like Weiss + 2nd draft pick + Prospect for him
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports All-Star

I could see Phaneuf flourish in Detroit for the simple reasons that there wouldn't be any leadership expectancies and Babcock being the coach.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I could see Phaneuf flourish in Detroit for the simple reasons that there wouldn't be any leadership expectancies and Babcock being the coach.
    Plus he could be sheltered a bit in a role that suits him better.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Plus he could be sheltered a bit in a role that suits him better.
    I agree.

Ive said from the start Id love to see Phaneuf with more sheltered minutes. I mean when they got him he was supposed to be an all situations beast who could carry a team ala Pronger. by the time they resigned him everyone knew thats not what he was but they just figured they could not replace those minutes and stay in contention. He was miscast- and even extended when they realized the round hole to his square peg.

In any other situation he actually could be money in the bank. Detroit would be a godsend- if any team knows how to utilize their players properly...

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd really like to see this happen. With Phaneuf, another depth dman, and health to Zetts and Datsyuk, I could see them making a long run in the playoff. And I don't subscribe to that theory that you must hate the Red Wings if you are a Hawks fan. Always been a fan of the winged wheel!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I agree.

Ive said from the start Id love to see Phaneuf with more sheltered minutes. I mean when they got him he was supposed to be an all situations beast who could carry a team ala Pronger. by the time they resigned him everyone knew thats not what he was but they just figured they could not replace those minutes and stay in contention. He was miscast- and even extended when they realized the round hole to his square peg.

In any other situation he actually could be money in the bank. Detroit would be a godsend- if any team knows how to utilize their players properly...
    Agree with this entirely. I feel like one of the last supporters of Phaneuf in Toronto but I always argue that he could be one of the best #2 defencemen in the league but he needs a true #1 to do the heavy lifting and get him out of the spotlight. I think Detroit is one of the places he could really shine.