Thread: Leafs Smash Homer With Winnik Trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Leafs Smash Homer With Winnik Trade

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Leafs Smash Homer With Winnik Trade

going to have to completely disagree sorry buddy.

Winnik > Sill for one.

The 4th and 2nd will be wasted... or almost certainly be wasted....

Going back to 2008, they've one (1!!!) guy outside of the first round make the nhl in any proper capacity. Now discount the last 2 drafts because we can't truly say one way or the other yet on those. The best pick outside of the 1st is Jimmy Hayes at 60th in 2008. There's literally only one other guy whose even played a single NHL game (D'Amigo).

You have to go back to 2006 to see a couple more NHL players from later rounds appear, they got it right that year. But then even going back all the way to 2002 there's not much else! A decade of failed picks pretty much.

They can't draft to save themselves.

Although in all fairness it would be interesting to see their track record compared to other teams, as I'm certain they're not the only ones who waste millions employing useless scouts.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Administrator

I like the trade for the Leafs but if there's a homer here it is't the trade...
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Meh. It's an article on The Hockey Writers. Not even worth the click. What a surprise that it's (likely) a terrible article.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Honestly I thought of the Simpsons when I read the title of this thread
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bwuhahah

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Meh. It's an article on The Hockey Writers. Not even worth the click. What a surprise that it's (likely) a terrible article.
    come guys lets not turn this site into another Eklund. most of us agree these hockey writer articles are bad, especially with the clickbait titles and in most cases no other involvement in the hockey forums.

but dobber clearly has a deal with them, so instead of complaining just remember these articles are helping the site. useless for forum members? probably. useless for dobber? no.

if having to deal with these painful articles means better servers/less crashing, I could care less.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    come guys lets not turn this site into another Eklund. most of us agree these hockey writer articles are bad, especially with the clickbait titles and in most cases no other involvement in the hockey forums.

but dobber clearly has a deal with them, so instead of complaining just remember these articles are helping the site. useless for forum members? probably. useless for dobber? no.

if having to deal with these painful articles means better servers/less crashing, I could care less.
    As far as I recall, it's an open forum where I am allowed to post my opinion provided it follows the forum rules. I have done that. I will likely continue to do that.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As far as I recall, it's an open forum where I am allowed to post my opinion provided it follows the forum rules. I have done that. I will likely continue to do that.
    so every time we get a useless hockey writer article, you're just going to complain about it?

isn't that the exact premise of eklund's site? garbage articles meant to generate hits, and then forum members just commenting how stupid it is?

the best way for these articles to go away is for no one to read them. less comments + less page views means posting these articles here aren't doing anything so maybe the deal gets pulled. at least that's what I'm hoping, as all I've seen so far are negative comments on these articles, doesn't seem like they benefit any one here.

Dobber Sports Ace

LOL

sorry I said anything...
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    so every time we get a useless hockey writer article, you're just going to complain about it?

isn't that the exact premise of eklund's site? garbage articles meant to generate hits, and then forum members just commenting how stupid it is?

the best way for these articles to go away is for no one to read them. less comments + less page views means posting these articles here aren't doing anything so maybe the deal gets pulled. at least that's what I'm hoping, as all I've seen so far are negative comments on these articles, doesn't seem like they benefit any one here.
    I think most ppl don't even click on the actual link haha..they just comment in this thread without reading the article
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Sage

"going to have to completely disagree sorry buddy.

Winnik > Sill for one.

The 4th and 2nd will be wasted... or almost certainly be wasted....

Going back to 2008, they've one (1!!!) guy outside of the first round make the nhl in any proper capacity. Now discount the last 2 drafts because we can't truly say one way or the other yet on those. The best pick outside of the 1st is Jimmy Hayes at 60th in 2008. There's literally only one other guy whose even played a single NHL game (D'Amigo).

You have to go back to 2006 to see a couple more NHL players from later rounds appear, they got it right that year. But then even going back all the way to 2002 there's not much else! A decade of failed picks pretty much.

They can't draft to save themselves.

Although in all fairness it would be interesting to see their track record compared to other teams, as I'm certain they're not the only ones who waste millions employing useless scouts."

This comment makes little sense to me? How were they suppose to deal with Winnik? A decent third line FA? Keep him well going into a rebuild? Trade him for an elite prospect (not going to happen). Well it was not a "homer" by any means a 2nd and a 4th for a player that has no value to your team in the future and you picked up for free in the off season is great asset managment and maybe one of the best things a useless Nonis has done in his time here? *shakes head confused over what they should have done*
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ouch, paging custodial, we need a clean-up on aisle 9.

The Great One

Im not even going to read the article to call it horrible.

fool me once....shame one you type of thing

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Zinggggg!