Thread: A-Rod working his way back...

Dobber Sports Deity

Default A-Rod working his way back...

It's a long read, but it's a good read on A-Rod working his way back into the game.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...w-york-yankees
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: A-Rod working his way back...

Working his way back to what $25 million to play this year. He doesn't care about baseball he just wants his money
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Working his way back to what $25 million to play this year. He doesn't care about baseball he just wants his money
    Did you even read the article or are you just throwing your 2 cents in?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

2 cents haha.

I mean c'mon the guy threw people under the bus for years, ruined their careers, and lied about cheating. I have 0 respect for him.

- - - Updated - - -

2 cents haha.

I mean c'mon the guy threw people under the bus for years, ruined their careers, and lied about cheating. I have 0 respect for him.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

2 cents haha.

- - - Updated - - -

2 cents haha.

And if you take the time to read the article, you may actually see a different side that may sway your opinion a big. Maybe not, but it might.

- - - Updated - - -

2 cents haha.

- - - Updated - - -

2 cents haha.

And if you take the time to read the article, you may actually see a different side that may sway your opinion a big. Maybe not, but it might.

The Wolverine

I haven't really watched baseball for awhile now, but I still follow it and play fantasy so I'm generally aware of what's happening. I'm a Yankees fan, and before you rip me, I became a fan when they were an average team in the late 80s and hitting rock bottom in 1990 before they started getting back into contention a few years later. My favourite player of all time is Don Mattingly. My more modern favourite player is (of course) Derek Jeter (I play shortshop and #2). Going through the 90s and more recently I enjoyed the highs (early WS success) but was disappointed when they became the big bad Yankees with regards to spending. My interest waned but I still followed them.

Moving to Scotland in 2002 meant that I'd have to rely on the internet for my info so lack of exposure turned into lack of interest. Then I heard about the A-Rod/Soriano trade in 2004. Can't remember what the masses thought but I never liked that trade. I liked Soriano and his potential and felt the Yanks did not need A-Rod at all. Didn't care for him (nothing personal) and didn't want him.

More recently after all that's happened with him and now he's back after all. All my favourite players from the past are now gone, mainly Jeter, Williams, Soriano, Rivera and Pettitte. None of them here and A-Rod is back. This won't have the impact as it would if I were back in Canada and watching the games, but it's going to be strange as I don't really have anything left of the squad that I care about.

This doesn't really have anything to do with the article you posted (haven't read it, don't really care) but I wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks for posting though, as it enabled me to get that off my chest.