Thread: Drew Stafford - What to expect from the former 30 goal scorer in WPG

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Drew Stafford - What to expect from the former 30 goal scorer in WPG

Drew Stafford
    TEAM - Buffalo
    TOI/60 - 12.63
    Corsi Relative Quality of Competition - 0.513
    Corsi Quality of Competition - 2.229
    Corsi Relative -5.0
    Corsi On - 27.93
    On-Ice Sh% - 7.56
    PDO 982
    Penalties Taken/60 - 0.9
    Offensive Zone Start% - 38.7
    Offensive Zone Finish% - 49.5

Stat Line
    10 Goals / 15 Assists / 25 Points / Minus 19 / 41PIM / 100 Shots / 61 Hits / 6 PPP / 11 Blocks / 2:21 PP-TOI / 10.1 Shooting % / 48.1 PP%

Andrew Ladd on injuries to Perrault and Stafford
    “There's not much you can do. We've dealt with it throughout the whole year and we've got enough guys that can jump up in the lineup and fill roles,” said Jets captain Andrew Ladd. “Hopefully, those guys aren't out too long.”

Line Combinations/Production
    Freq. Line Combination
    30.7% ENNIS - MOULSON - STAFFORD
    21.9% DESLAURIERS - HODGSON - STAFFORD
    20.5% DESLAURIERS - FLYNN - STAFFORD

Points %Total Line Combination
    2 33.3% DESLAURIERS - FOLIGNO - STAFFORD
    1 16.7% GIRGENSONS - MOULSON - STAFFORD
    1 16.7% FLYNN - FOLIGNO – STAFFORD

Review of current situation compared to past triumphs
    I can't tell you who his line-mates were the last few years. but I can assume they weren't anywhere close to his fellow top six forwards in the 10-11/11-12 seasons where he had the talented Vanek, Pomminville, Roy and the emerging skilled forward Ennis to work with. Those two seasons are his only fantasy relevant point totals in his career topping out at a whopping 0.84 point per game in 2010-2011, skating in only 62 games and scoring 31 goals. Those goal totals were completely unsustainable on a year to year basis but it does show he has the ability to put the puck in the net, and three time 20+ goal scoring forwards normally do not lose that skill; it tends to be hidden by circumstances of either poor line-mates, or a horrible run of luck. Looking at the line combination chart above it is no surprise to see him struggling to score at his prior rate, while Moulson is a previous 30 goal scorer himself the paltry one point those two shared while being on the same line even strength is not acceptable for a top six winger. Other then Ennis nobody can be counted on for consistent point production what with Hodgson dropping off the face of the planet after a very good run for Team Canada.

Queue the trade to Winnipeg suddenly his options up front have improved greatly, what once was a ragtag team from the basement dwellers has turned into the possible line of Andrew Ladd, Bryan Little, and Drew Stafford, talk about moving up in the world! Winnipeg has three forwards currently on a sixty point pace along with Byfuglien and the now injured Perrault who both were on pace for 50 or more. Compare that to Buffalo who has only Tyler Ennis on pace for any more than 40 points. If Maurice wants to spread out the offense like I believe he does him will no doubt move Wheeler to the second line and promote Stafford to the Little/Ladd combo. Those two forwards are comparable to Vanek and Pomminville of the early part of this decade and should be able to push Stafford’s production back to his hay-day. I can easily see him surpassing 40 points before the end of this season which would mean you can expect a solid 15-18 points in the remaining 22 Games Played.
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Drew Stafford - What to expect from the former 30 goal scorer in WPG

Interesting outlook. That Little/Ladd/Wheeler line has been so good for a few years, I would think it might be tough for him to change that up. But the Perreault injury definitely throws a wrench into the gears for sure

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Drew Stafford - What to expect from the former 30 goal scorer in WPG

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender9 View Post
    Interesting outlook. That Little/Ladd/Wheeler line has been so good for a few years, I would think it might be tough for him to change that up. But the Perreault injury definitely throws a wrench into the gears for sure
    Yeah that's the major reason I see Maurice changing things up spread out the offence with the trade and injuries.
    Thanks for the response appreciate it