Thread: On Franson, Trades, Leafs and "Proper" Rebuilds

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default On Franson, Trades, Leafs and "Proper" Rebuilds

The Great One

Default Re: On Franson, Trades, Leafs and "Proper" Rebuilds

I came to make a smartass comment- but I decided not to- because Ive seen other guys on these boards piling it on already. Then i read your article...

...so im back to the smartass comment:

Youve got a knack for typing up some primo clickbait title-wise- but I find it hard to take anything seriously after the Nazem johansen article.

I was wrong though- i disagree with this so much more passionately- it is this short sightedness that has been the leafs bane forever. You know who else built their team through the draft other than Edmonton? Chicago, Pittsburgh, St.Louis (at least the really exciting parts). Youre going off the rails about this trade??? That is all they were ever going to get for two expiring contracts- they took care of it before the deadline- players involved are happy with the situation- they have a tangible asset for trade currency or to use at their discretion. Franson and Santo- could just resign here if they really wanted to. Blowing up over this makes zero sense- they (along with Winnik) are the must go pieces at the deadline. To use this as *the straw that broke the camels back* crux of argument doesnt make sense on any logical level. Burke re-tooled on the fly- Nonis addressed that mediocrity with some poor trades- and the leafs ended up back where theyve benn for the last decade plus- nowhere fast. It is time for a re-build- properly. Those contracts specifically netted as fair a return as you were evergoing to get.

Also love how you give the leafs credit for developing Franson into, ahem... a *first pairing* defenseman. It shouldnt be a surprise seeing as they miraculously transformed Bozak into a topline center and Phaneuf into an 8 million dollar player- theyre great at this stuff

I love how the leafs- but really dude? Really???

Anyways- last click bait for me- i tried- i really did- but as a leafs fan this is the kind of flack all of us get blasted for- lmao! I forone am glad the re-build is on- I hope front office can tune out articles like this and get it done...