Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Signs that the Oilers are improving?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Signs that the Oilers are improving?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    yeah I'd probably do it but RNH has been stagnating so far in his career. It's not looking too great for his future, relative to what was expected of him. Mark Stone has as many points as he does this year.

He may have been completely soured by the Oilers losing ways
    lol, stagnating? Kids 21 years old on a crap team, of course he's stagnating. He's filling out and is part of the solution moving forward. I was pretty sure you were not serious, but now I'm not so sure. The Oilers don't need an on again, off again 33 year old goaltender like Anderson, although he would help in the now, he would cost the Oilers nothing close to RNH. The Sens would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him at the trading deadline. I suspect with the way Lehner is playing, the Sens are quite happy to keep Andy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol, stagnating? Kids 21 years old on a crap team, of course he's stagnating. He's filling out and is part of the solution moving forward. I was pretty sure you were not serious, but now I'm not so sure. The Oilers don't need an on again, off again 33 year old goaltender like Anderson, although he would help in the now, he would cost the Oilers nothing close to RNH. The Sens would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him at the trading deadline. I suspect with the way Lehner is playing, the Sens are quite happy to keep Andy.
    lol...while I still say Anderson is no solution, he would be the best thing the Oilers have seen in net in recent memory. But he's not worth an RNH. as "stagnating" (lol) as he's been... He could definitely fetch considerably more than Anderson.

But really... This would never happen so it's all really a moot point.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is their best bet to finish with the #3 pick? They have a ton of young offensive talent with Hall, RNH, Ebs, Yak and Leon. Would getting Hanifan to along with Nurse and in a sense Klefbom be what's best for this team?
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The weird thing is the Oilers are probably going to be the next Canadian based team to win a Cup.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCanuck View Post
    The weird thing is the Oilers are probably going to be the next Canadian based team to win a Cup.
    Nah, Price is gonna win the Cup all by himself this year.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Nah, Price is gonna win the Cup all by himself this year.
    This is true, Price seems like a good dude.

Peace

Dobber Sports Master

I would find it hard to believe that the Oil wouldn't be improving. The cannot possibly get any worse (can they?!??!), so the only way they can go is up. Furthermore, I would find it hard to believe that three 1st overall picks are all duds. At least one or two of them will be 1st line players. In this day and age, with all that scouts know, I dont think its possible to swing and miss three times on a 1st overall. I bet at least one of them will be an elite player. I also bet that at least one of them will be an very good 2nd liner. That is the worst case scenario and doesn't include Eberle, who I think will be a good 1st liner. They will improve, its just a matter of time. They will also add another very good player at the draft this year. Potentially a very, very good one. They have good defensive prospects developing and good forward prospects developing. I fully believe they will continue to improve and over the next 3-4 years, will become a very good team indeed.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I find it hard to believe that this thread has more responses than the Oilers have wins.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I would find it hard to believe that the Oil wouldn't be improving. The cannot possibly get any worse (can they?!??!), so the only way they can go is up. Furthermore, I would find it hard to believe that three 1st overall picks are all duds. At least one or two of them will be 1st line players. In this day and age, with all that scouts know, I dont think its possible to swing and miss three times on a 1st overall. I bet at least one of them will be an elite player. I also bet that at least one of them will be an very good 2nd liner. That is the worst case scenario and doesn't include Eberle, who I think will be a good 1st liner. They will improve, its just a matter of time. They will also add another very good player at the draft this year. Potentially a very, very good one. They have good defensive prospects developing and good forward prospects developing. I fully believe they will continue to improve and over the next 3-4 years, will become a very good team indeed.
    One of the most sane posts I have ever seen. I completely agree with everything you said. I am even more bullish about their future. Once these kids get a little older and they find some decent vetrens they will be just fine. Poor management can not hold them back forever, just too much talent. add Eichel or McDavid and it will be exciting soon enough. No Hanfin would not be better to get.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

The only sign they're not still completely abhorrent is the lack of jerseys on the ice lately....
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I find it hard to believe that this thread has more responses than the Oilers have wins.

Thats not really hard to do if you think about it.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCanuck View Post
    You're probably right about that. The minute they change their front office.

Dobber Sports All-Star

When you compare them to other teams with multiple superstars in the last 2 decades, they just don't match up. Colorado had Sakic and Forsberg and won the cup in Forsberg's 2nd year. Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin and won the cup in Crosby's 4th year.
    As for Edmonton, Eberle is 24 and in his 5th year and has regressed since his 2nd season. Same goes for RNH, and Yakupov after their rookie seasons, although they are still only 21. Hall is the only one who has improved each year leading up to this one. So basically, while these guys have been projected to be very good players, they are not of the 'elite' status. Even though, this team has to be a lot better at some point, because like some of you have already said, they will improve. It is just a matter of time.
    So I do think that there are signs, as subtle as they are, that the Oilers are actually improving. Okay, so maybe it is because they can't get worse.