Thread: Toews and Kane next year?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Toews and Kane next year?

At 13.6M next year, those guys will be on the waivers....in points only with actual salary cap league, do they worth keeping?

Thoughts?

Was offered my Okposo and Monahan for his Toews and Schenn....I decline due to Toews next year salary since I don't have any chance for this year....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Toews and Kane next year?

Points only, salary cap league, the only one I would want to keep would be Kane but even he's borderline. That's a ton of cap to eat for one player but I guess it really depends on the cap limit of your league and the setup of your rosters (how many players you roster).

And for the record, I would have declined that offer as well, for the same reasons.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

With Toews and Kane at 13.6M, I wonder what will Stamkos actual salary look like for his next contract...I'll bet 15M....those contracts are nuts for actual salary cap leagues like mine....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ya it sucks.... I plan on offering Kane for the 1st overall pick this year. My league might be going to cap hit for next season though, I sure hope so.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kane is one of the top 5 players in points-only leagues right now. Yes, he's expensive but to win pools you need to have superstars like him. Keep him and try to find cheap players to fill in the bottom slots of your team.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, in most salary-capped leagues Kane is just okay to own as a keeper, Toews will likely be untouchable and available on the WW. I hate seeing guys like that available as a FA. If the idea of your league is to simulate an NHL team, how in the world are players like Toews and E.Staal available? I also own P.K. Subban ($9M cap hit) in the same league. You pay for your talent and find value through your draft.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    With Toews and Kane at 13.6M, I wonder what will Stamkos actual salary look like for his next contract...I'll bet 15M....those contracts are nuts for actual salary cap leagues like mine....
    I wouldn't be surprised if stamkos contract isn't as high as the Kane/Toews deal were signed on the assumption that the cap would rise dramatically with a strong Canadian dollar. Now it appears those big gains are going to be very small.

As for the original post question, while toews is a awesome hockey player in a points only format not worth 10.5 million. Maybe Kane, but that would be if you have a large amount of cap space to burn.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No way should you do that trade. Toews and Kane will be useless next season if you are using the same numbers as the real NHL.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???