Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kadri, not just a 1st line centre, he's better than

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kadri, not just a 1st line centre, he's better than

Ryan Johansen and I swear I am not trolling you

http://thehockeywriters.com/nazem-ka...ryan-johansen/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Kadri, not just a 1st line centre, he's better than

I was going to say something but I'll wait for Rataylor's response first.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

[SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I was going to say something but I'll wait for Rataylor's response first.
    I feel like this one is just too low hanging fruit for me to even go after.

Alas, I can't even comment because I refuse to give THW any clicks as long as they encourage their writers to post laughable clickbait garbage such as this.

But yea. Kadri isn't even good enough to be a 1st line center on a bottom 10 team on the league. I think that probably says enough.

Dobber Sports Master

Provocative article if nothing else. Personally, I think Kadri gets a bum deal in Toronto, and should be playing on the top line with JvR and Kessel, but Bozak is there because he makes the most of it and the line has done well over extended periods of time. In fact, I think it is Kadri's value that keeps him on line #2; it is an effort to spread what little wealth the Leafs have in their top 9 (scoring) forwards. On Toronto's top line, he would inevitably face the top defensive pairing his opponents have, and maybe the stats would take a hit.

I too am curious what someone like rataylor will say! Oops, seems like he has already spoken.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Your next article should be "Why the LA Kings should try to trade Drew Doughty for Morgan Reilly, and why Toronto would be dumb to say yes".

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by James_tanner123 View Post
    Ryan Johansen and I swear I am not trolling you

http://thehockeywriters.com/nazem-ka...ryan-johansen/
    What are you swearing on?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Provocative article if nothing else. Personally, I think Kadri gets a bum deal in Toronto, and should be playing on the top line with JvR and Kessel, but Bozak is there because he makes the most of it and the line has done well over extended periods of time. In fact, I think it is Kadri's value that keeps him on line #2; it is an effort to spread what little wealth the Leafs have in their top 9 (scoring) forwards. On Toronto's top line, he would inevitably face the top defensive pairing his opponents have, and maybe the stats would take a hit.

I too am curious what someone like rataylor will say! Oops, seems like he has already spoken.
    Well in all fairness it is less provocative than saying Bozak is basically Mario Lemieux in blue and white.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

just don't read his articles or comment on his threads if you don't like it.

all he does is create threads linking to his articles and contributes nothing else to this forum.

he's like eklund, making ridiculous statements to generate hits. again, if you don't like it just ignore him, i'm sure he doesnt appreciate getting critisized but at the same time i dont understand why people keep disagreeing with him when he's obviously doing it for the buzz.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just to clear a couple things up: I like this site, but I don't post here because I write two blogs, watch two games a day and there just isn't any time between that and my real job to participate in a forum beyond the ones on the blogs I write. I can see how that might seem bad, but THW and this site have an agreement and while I don't know the details, I am sure it's mutually beneficial to both sites. I apologize if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but I'm just doing my job.

As for the trolling accusations, the article confronts them head-on. It ignores any subjective judgements and is simply a stats comparison. I promise you that if you read it and give it a fair shake you will be convinced that it is sincere and not a Troll Piece. You may even decide that Reputation plays far too great a role in the process of player evaluation and decide that Kadri is at least the equal of Johansen - certainly the stats suggest such, but I leave it up to you to decide.

I don't mind any criticism when it's fair, but I think some are judging without reading. If you read it, and disagree, I completely understand.

Just for the record: I have never and will never write anything that I don't believe in just to get attention.

Thanks very much, again, I apologize for not participating more on the site - I would if I could.

- Jimmy

Banned

"So, it’s up to you: Kadri and Johansen are either both legit #1 centres or they’re both just average second liners. But you can’t possibly tell me that either one is all that much better than the other."

Yes we can...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by James_tanner123 View Post
    THW and this site have an agreement
    well theres the least surprising fact of the day...

Well. Obviously points aren't the be all end all stats. However Ryan Johansen has 19 goals and 45 points in 49 games and is 19th in the league in scoring, while facing the opposition's best matchups each night. Kadri has 14 goals and 28 points in 50 games, sitting 123 in league scoring, while decidedly NOT facing the opposition's best matchups each night. And it's not like Scott Hartnell and Cam Atkinson are elite wingers to help boost Johansen's production.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yah, but Kadri is one of the best "per sixty" games-played competitors in the league...

At least that was the argument that was explained to me. I suppose the lesson here is, if you dissect some stats into convenient sections that suit what your personal belief is and completely ignore rational thought and common sense, you can pretty much argue anything.

It was also suggested via Twitter and considered laughable there as well so there we have the "me versus the world" mentality.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It is worth pointing that I used points, points per 60, Corsi and QOC in my comparison and kadri comes out favorably in all situations. I'm sure Johansen has a higher ceiling and is obviously bigger, but if you did a blind comparison of the two's stats up to this date (Johansen has the same amount of points in ten more career games) most people would choose Kadri as the superior player.... I am not an idiot, I realize this goes against convention but the whole point was to show the discrepancy between reputation and results.