Thread: Salary cap 2015-16

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Salary cap 2015-16

The predicted cap (as of November 2014) for 2015/16 was around $73 million. But that was assuming the Canadian dollar stayed roughly at 0.88 of the U.S dollar. Now with the loonie taking a nose-dive, I wonder if the cap will increase much. Something to think about for those in salary cap leagues.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Salary cap 2015-16

Personally, I'm not counting on it. It's more like, if it doesn't go up a lot, that's what's supposed to happen. If it does, it's a nice unexpected bonus.
    To thrive in life, you need three bones.

A wishbone.
    A backbone.
    And a funny bone.

-Reba McEntire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    The predicted cap (as of November 2014) for 2015/16 was around $73 million. But that was assuming the Canadian dollar stayed roughly at 0.88 of the U.S dollar. Now with the loonie taking a nose-dive, I wonder if the cap will increase much. Something to thing about for those in salary cap leagues.
    I'm thinking around 71 million. It'll be a "meet in the middle" between the current cap and the projection.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Theres no chance it will decrease or stay the same is there? I know we all are guessing here, but that seems to be unlikely right? I always go on the assumption that it will stay the same so any rise is the unexpected bonus Joe13 mentioned.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    Theres no chance it will decrease or stay the same is there? I know we all are guessing here, but that seems to be unlikely right? I always go on the assumption that it will stay the same so any rise is the unexpected bonus Joe13 mentioned.
    I doubt it goes down because that would look bad for the league. They can set it to whatever they want. They keep a portion of player salaries to cover their ass (to an extent) if they over-spend.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I doubt it goes down because that would look bad for the league. They can set it to whatever they want. They keep a portion of player salaries to cover their ass (to an extent) if they over-spend.

I figured that but there are so many variables....and trying to fit salaries in not just for this year but the following few in a dynasty league makes it more difficult to try and gauge

Administrator

I figured that but there are so many variables....and trying to fit salaries in not just for this year but the following few in a dynasty league makes it more difficult to try and gauge
    Yeah just to put it in perspective, this year's cap was projected to be around 70 but the owners came up with 68. They negotiated 69 with the union. They have a lot of leeway and can come up with just about anything they want.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah just to put it in perspective, this year's cap was projected to be around 70 but the owners came up with 68. They negotiated 69 with the union. They have a lot of leeway and can come up with just about anything they want.
    Yeah that makes sense, well sort of lol. I guess we should bet on small increases but then handcuff that bet with no rise in the cap as well to cover all bases then.

Thanks for the insight on some of the other variables that I know I didn't know about . Much appreciated!

Dobber Sports Genius

While the dropping Canadian dollar could still conceivably alter things even more, Gary Bettman said that he doesn't expect the situation to be as dire as some anticipate.
    Bettman expects the cap to fall somewhere in the $72 million range ($71.7 million to $73 million). This is good news for GM's and could help spur movement at the trade deadline.
    Source: Joe Haggerty on Twitter
    sam., janv. 24 2015 13:57
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd be happy with 72. Would make it easier for me to try and squeeze patty Kane's salary in lol

Administrator

I'd be happy with 72. Would make it easier for me to try and squeeze patty Kane's salary in lol
    If you own Kane you're probably hoping for a cap of 82.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you own Kane you're probably hoping for a cap of 82.
    Don't give me any false hope!! Lol. I already will need to minors someone decent to fit him in

Dobber Sports Genius

Imagine Stamkos's next contract.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kind of amusing since Bettman had been trumpeting that the cap would be going up as much as 8 million at one point to now the GM's are lucky if it goes up 3 million. Oh cruel business world.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.