Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who Is Really to Blame for Zac Rinaldo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who Is Really to Blame for Zac Rinaldo?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't blame Berube for playing him. I blame management for signing him in the first place.
    Well yeah. It was a head-scratcher then, and it's flat out perplexing now.

When he signed the extension, a lot of thought was based on the mantra of fielding a better skating team. After all, that's what facilitated the Hartnell trade. I was left thinking, "Ok. So they're going to make him a project, heh? Welp, let's see how it goes. Maybe he can play hockey."

Yeah, not the case. That's unquestionable now. So at this point, knowing that, they have to stop playing him. If it's not for incidents like this, it's because he's not helping the team win hockey games.

Dobber Sports Stud

Point of contact was actually the right shoulder (the rear of the shoulder mind you), not between the numbers.
    Definitely boarding, left his feet so a charge too. But to suspend more than 2 games for this hit when Suter only got 2 for that cheap shot elbow on Downie screams double standard.
    I'll be honest, if I'm a coach, I want my guy like Rinaldo to make that hit every time. It's not his fault Letang is made of glass.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My aunt and uncle know his parents quite well. I can try and get a scoop on your question.
    zac's dad is my 1st cousin , tell him I said hello

Dobber Sports Novice

His Mom?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    Point of contact was actually the right shoulder (the rear of the shoulder mind you), not between the numbers.
    Definitely boarding, left his feet so a charge too. But to suspend more than 2 games for this hit when Suter only got 2 for that cheap shot elbow on Downie screams double standard.
    I'll be honest, if I'm a coach, I want my guy like Rinaldo to make that hit every time. It's not his fault Letang is made of glass.
    Suter had never been suspended before, Rinaldo is a repeat offender. You can't compare suspensions and you can't cry double standard here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Along the same thread, I'm sure you think girls "ask for it" when they wear skirts, just as the Penguins "asked for it".
    Good lord, get a grip. Your analogies are so off track they're absurd.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

What's the problem here?

Why is someone to blame for Ronaldi?

I'm pretty sure Philly knew exactly what they were getting when the resigned him. An energy player who sometimes crosses the line who can actually keep up and sometimes play hockey. If he crosses the line he gets suspended. Obviously a risk Philly was willing to take? You blame then for taking that risk? There's probably a half dozen guys like Ronaldi. Half dozen teams taking risks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    It's a societal problem.
    As an aspiring public health professional with a very strong focus on the social determinants of health, I am inclined to agree.

A recent interview with Alex Burrows actually kind of indirectly captivates the problem with respect to guys like Rinaldo. Burrows was actually making a reference to Cody Hodgson in the interview, but he said something along the lines of...as an aspiring player that wants to make it to the show, you need to find a niche that gives you the chance to stay in the NHL. For Burrows, he secured his spot in the NHL by being the aggravating POS a lot of people see him as. Despite the fact that Alex Burrows does have some skill, he still had to be that POS in order to solidify an NHL job.

Look at some of these bruisers that are playing in the NHL now. How else are they going to keep themselves in the show?

Until hockey no longer has a "need" for these kind of issues it'll always be a problem.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Not a bad hockey strategy. If I was the coach and I sense vulnerability in an opposing star player, I would tell Rinaldo to go smash that guy to slow him down if the opportunity presented itself. Just don't make it look so obvious. It's all part of the game.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion