Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuemper or Dubnyk: The Ultimate Question. (REP)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kuemper or Dubnyk: The Ultimate Question. (REP)

I picked him up also when the trade happened and it has been glorious so far...
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I'm not sure where all the optimism surrounding Kuemper is coming from. The guy has been brutal this year. I predict that the Wild will see what they have in Dubnyk this year and then either look to resign him next year or look for a better option if Dub falls on his face (someone like Niemi, for example). I don't see Kuemper being the long term solution there one way or another, if I owned him I'd be looking to sell as soon as he puts together a couple of good games.
    It wasn't just Kuemper playing poorly...Minne was atrocious during the same span.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Dubnyk is HOT! He's now on a 4 game winning streak which included 2 shutouts and only 3 goals allowed. for the moment this is Dubnyk's team.
    Correct, but only because Kuemper is still on his AHL conditioning stint, which can last up to 2 weeks. Once he's back up Minne will run with whomever is winning. One loss and they'll switch it up. Then the real battle begins.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by junyab View Post
    Correct, but only because Kuemper is still on his AHL conditioning stint, which can last up to 2 weeks. Once he's back up Minne will run with whomever is winning. One loss and they'll switch it up. Then the real battle begins.
    Don't think so. Kuemper has been awful most of the season and Dubnyk has been good most of it. One loss is not gonna swing anything. It's Dubnyk's job now. He needs to stink for a few games in a row before Kuemper is given any serious consideration.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree with VV...Dubnyk has absolutely solidified the net for the Wild and the whole team is now playing better/being more aggressive because they know the net is covered....I think it would take an injury or multiple bad games to shift that dynamic combined with Keumper playing out of his mind again once he got the chance...
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm still so pissed about Dubnyk.
    I was effin driving home from work when he switched teams.
    Snapped up in all leagues by the time I touched a keyboard again.
    MIN goalies are good value adds... the "team" was in a funk that affected their goalies... but I do have faith in their system.
    Dubnyk will be a nice goalie to own (15-20 overall goalie) hereforward... this year, I think.

Antti Niemi, though, will be the Wild starting goalie next year.
    Pengwin7 bookmark.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

Antti Niemi, though, will be the Wild starting goalie next year.
    Pengwin7 bookmark.
    LOL! I don't think either goalie will be going anywhere. Niemi will be re-signed by SJ and Dubnyk gets a new deal with Minny.
    Axeman33 bookmark.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nah. The Sharks are a fully North-American team.
    Guys like to join their countrymen (*cough* Jagr *cough*) in their latter years in the NHL.
    Niemi is going to ride out the 2nd half of his career with some countrymen named Mikko and Mikael.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Nah. The Sharks are a fully North-American team.
    Guys like to join their countrymen (*cough* Jagr *cough*) in their latter years in the NHL.
    Niemi is going to ride out the 2nd half of his career with some countrymen named Mikko and Mikael.
    LOL! We will see.

To be continued......

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Your picks are BORING!
    (ps. Pengwin scoring on UFAs only awards 1pt for a re-signing but FIVE points for a correctly called new team signing! Keep that in mind when the UFA contest goes on in summer!!!)

Dobber Sports Deity

Woot! I don't think Niemi makes it to the summer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I posted extensive information about the dubnyk trade when it happened that would show that he would excel in Minnesota. I don't remember the exact numbers anymore but I'll do my best to write here what I previously wrote elsewhere.

Dubnyk has played the majority of his career on bad teams, however, this year when he was in Arizona he had a 5 on 5 save percentage of something like .932, his awful save percentage was deflated by Arizona's terrible penalty kill. However, Minnesota has one of the best penalty kills in the league, something like 85% or hovering around there, it was good for 5th best in the league. This is why Dubnyk is doing well right now in Minnesota, he has good 5 on 5 numbers and Minnesota is good at killing the penalty. Dubnyk is a good goaltender he was just playing for a lousy team. Put Price or Lundy or Rask in Arizona or Edmonton and see what they're numbers are, probably not all that great. I'm not comparing Dubnyk to those goalies at all but you get my point. Dubnyk is a very serviceable net-minder and should be a perfect fit for this team going forward. Barring injury or a mental breakdown akin to Roberto Luongo in the post season, Dubnyk will be the starter for the rest of the season.
    10 team H2H points league. Keep 3 veterans, 1 rookie

Stats: G 3pts, A 2pts, PPA .5pts, PPG 1pt, SHG 2pts, BLK .1pt, HIT .1pt, PIM .5 pt, SV .2pt, WIN 3pts, SHO 3pts, GA -1 pt

Centers - RNH, Little, Plekanek, Huberdeau, Giroux
    LW - Palat, Taravainen, Drouin
    RW - Ovechkin, Okposo, Nichushkin
    D - Hedman, Franson, Giordano, Niskanen
    G - Hutchinson, Halak, Price

IR - Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jalapano200 View Post
    I posted extensive information about the dubnyk trade when it happened that would show that he would excel in Minnesota. I don't remember the exact numbers anymore but I'll do my best to write here what I previously wrote elsewhere.

Dubnyk has played the majority of his career on bad teams, however, this year when he was in Arizona he had a 5 on 5 save percentage of something like .932, his awful save percentage was deflated by Arizona's terrible penalty kill. However, Minnesota has one of the best penalty kills in the league, something like 85% or hovering around there, it was good for 5th best in the league. This is why Dubnyk is doing well right now in Minnesota, he has good 5 on 5 numbers and Minnesota is good at killing the penalty. Dubnyk is a good goaltender he was just playing for a lousy team. Put Price or Lundy or Rask in Arizona or Edmonton and see what they're numbers are, probably not all that great. I'm not comparing Dubnyk to those goalies at all but you get my point. Dubnyk is a very serviceable net-minder and should be a perfect fit for this team going forward. Barring injury or a mental breakdown akin to Roberto Luongo in the post season, Dubnyk will be the starter for the rest of the season.
    Great post! +1
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Expert

Yea thanks Jalapano200. Very nice analysis.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dubie's killing it. He won me a close H2H matchup last week and has almost single handedly catapulted my team back into 1st.