Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuemper or Dubnyk: The Ultimate Question. (REP)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kuemper or Dubnyk: The Ultimate Question. (REP)

Just saying, I think Kuemper has the momentum right now. Sure Dubnyk started 4 straight, but the "momentum" so to speak, switched to Kuemper when Dubnyk got lit up for 4 and Kuemper came in and stopped everything and the Wild came back to force overtime. Which isn't to say which one you should go with, I have no idea if it will be Dubnyk or Kuemper, but if you want to talk momentum, Kuemper is the guy that has it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just saying, I think Kuemper has the momentum right now. Sure Dubnyk started 4 straight, but the "momentum" so to speak, switched to Kuemper when Dubnyk got lit up for 4 and Kuemper came in and stopped everything and the Wild came back to force overtime. Which isn't to say which one you should go with, I have no idea if it will be Dubnyk or Kuemper, but if you want to talk momentum, Kuemper is the guy that has it.
    That's too short sighted.

Momentum is not about who played well last game. It's about the current situation and how it has developed.

Kuemper started the year on fire, but since then he has consistently struggled and has not found any traction. How can you possibly say he has the momentum right now? Because he came on in relief and made 10 saves? Hah.

Dubnyk was doing very well in Arizona, and he's suddenly the new kid on the block in Minny, and other than the last game, he's performed reasonably well. HE has the momentum... and I'm confident (to the tune of $500) that they will give him every opportunity to succeed for the rest of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's too short sighted.

Momentum is not about who played well last game. It's about the current situation and how it has developed.

Kuemper started the year on fire, but since then he has consistently struggled and has not found any traction. How can you possibly say he has the momentum right now?

Dubnyk was doing very well in Arizona, and he's suddenly the new kid on the block in Minny, and other than the last game, he's performed reasonably well. HE has the momentum...
    Really? One game is short-sighted but 4 is long enough? Come on dude. Momentum swings in the course of hockey game all the time. Kuemper has the momentum right now. Its hilarious to say 1 game is "too short" for someone to gain the momentum but 4 games isnt

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Really? One game is short-sighted but 4 is long enough? Come on dude. Momentum swings in the course of hockey game all the time. Kuemper has the momentum right now. Its hilarious to say 1 game is "too short" for someone to gain the momentum but 4 games isnt
    I didn't say he has the momentum because of 4 games. Where did I say that? In fact, my entire point was the opposite.

Perhaps a class in reading comprehension 101 might help you...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Having owned both at different parts this year I think its a coin-flip, slightest edge to Dubnyk.

Kuemper started off red hot but then fell hard and only kept getting starts because Backstrom is done. Kuemper looked to be the goalie of the future but that doesn't help much for a coach and team expecting to make the playoffs this year.

The momentum has been back and forth in the last 7 days, I expect it to swing between the two guys several more times over the course of the season.

Dubnyk was traded for, Kuemper got hurt, and Dubynk won 2-straight, full-force momentum in favor of Dubnyk. Just as quickly, Dubnyk loses 2-straight (well 1 plus a hook) and gets yanked in the Detroit game, Kuemper comes in and steals a point, momentum Kuemper.

I suspect they split the first 2 starts coming out of the All-Star Game and Yeo plays the hot-hand for the rest of the year.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I didn't say he has the momentum because of 4 games. Where did I say that? In fact, my entire point was the opposite.

Perhaps a class in reading comprehension 101 might help you...
    Yea totally lets fall back to insults. That's a great way to make your point.

I outright said I have no idea if it will be Kuemper or Dubnyk. You own Dubnyk so you're biased and want to lean to him. I own Kuemper so you must think I'm biased but I honestly don't care I'm probably dropping him. Either way momentum is a crap argument. You want to rail for Dubnyk do it, but "momentum" is a hollow and weak argument that doesn't really hold any weight.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Momentum is important. Dubnyk has it now and Minny needs wins immediately. Can't say no to him down the stretch. I think Kuemper bounces back but that might not happen till the last minute.
    I agree with this, but since they are in such desparate straits, I'd think Dubnyk would be on a short leash. This could easily turn into a "ride the hot hand" situation, if it isn't already.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think even Yeo doesn't know who he'll ride from now on. Momentum schmentum is a wild pendulum right now in Minny. All I know is that Minny goalie owners are in for major headaches the rest of the way, either because they're trying to figure out who to start weekly(like myself) or/and wondering why they didn't start another goalie when Dubnyk/Kuemper gets yanked for the 100th game this season.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think it's a toss up. Dubs beat creampuffs in buffalo and arizona, then lost 2 in a row to good teams, so we don't really know yet how well he'll play in minny. Kuemper's very inconsistent this year whichs is why they traded for dubs in the first place, but if he can string together some good games, then he'll probably get his job back. However, I think Yeo will just go with the play till you lose philosophy for a bit after the all star break rather than hand either of them the starting spot right away.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Minny traded for Dubs becasue Kuemper was injured and Backstrom was horrid.

If Kuemper didn't get hurt Dubs never would have been signed, nothing to do with being inconsistent.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post

If Kuemper didn't get hurt Dubs never would have been signed, nothing to do with being inconsistent.
    I think the move was motivated by Kuemper's inconsistency much more than him being hurt and missing 3 or 4 games.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I highly doubt that... his injury was minor and they knew that. It's all about inconsistency.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nah there were rumblings of minny looking for a goalie before Kuemper got hurt. There were also a lot of stories in the media wondering if minny was going to trade for a goalie.

Dobber Sports Star

I saw the highlights of the game that Dubnyk was yanked, 3 of those goals came off deflections/redirections. I'm not sure about the 4th, but I don't know if he could have stopped all three if he were playing his best game. Anyone else see that or was I seeing things?

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Kuemper missed like 8-9 games, not 3 or 4.

And, really??? Backstrom showing he is finished as an NHL goaltender had nothing to do with Dubie being signed?

Yeah, there were rumors linking Minny to Cam Ward and one the Buffalo goalies I think, but Backstroms meltdown led to Dubnyk being brought in ASAP more then Kuempers inconsistency.

Good signing for sure, and cheap, but in the end they will ride the hot hand, which could very well be Dubnyk (but I doubt it), or even a 1a/1b situation.