Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fun idea

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

How many rounds are you guys drafting. NHL09 comes out fairly soon, but I was also thinking I might use a different sim so that I could start adding players now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default fun idea

25 rounds.

3 C/LW/RW

4 D

1 Util

1 G

10 Bench

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

25 rounds? Wow ok.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

NHL09 should hit the shelves around about a week or so from now (it\'s always later up north here), and then I can see how feasible it might be to put these rosters into the game and run a season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

Well I got NHL09 today, I\'ll start trying to create the team rosters (not sure if I\'ll have to do it all in one sitting or not, if so then this won\'t be doable for me)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

You might have to wait until all our rosters are drafted? Our schedule is done 30 Sep, although some of us will run out of money before then:lol:

I thought you drafted very well yesterday Doulos. That hockey robot was humming.

I especially liked the fact you had the balls to go with Luongo first overall. I was dreading getting a top three pick because the norm is to take OV, Crosby, Malkin. With our pool format, the goalies statistically earn an uneven share of the points.

Havlat was genius. I was seriously going to take him with my pick that round. He could pop, or his shoulder could pop, or another body part could...well you get the idea. Great pick where you got him for sure.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

Well I figured at that point in the draft I could afford the risk, there were certainly some safer guys who could put up some good points still there at RW, but who knows what will happen.

I\'d be interested in hearing what everyone else thought of the draft, there were some very interesting picks all around, and certainly some of my own that I think I\'ll regret (ie Naslund).

After Dobber comes out with his analysis, perhaps we\'ll have to get some discussion going on it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

As for the rosters, I am \'hoping\' I\'ll be able to do them in chunks so that by the time the end of the drafting comes along I\'ll be mostly caught up.

It\'s only for fun anyways, so I suppose there is no rush.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

Where will the final rosters be posted so that I can start on this?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default fun idea

I\'m pretty sure Comish can send you the final rosters once they are final. Tonight is the last night of the draft and tomorrow is a \"grace\" day for those who missed some of their picks.

So on Thursday, you should have the final rosters.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

I\'ll try to remember to send Doulos the excel file with all the rosters on Thursday.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default fun idea

When can trading start? I need to make some moves.Need some more players that have some Ice Time. So if anyone would like to start some trad talk send me some e mails at [email protected]. Anyone is up for grabs.
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

I\'ve started inputting all of the rosters (as close as possible, I\'ll surely miss some trades) into SImonT Hockey Simulator for kicks.

I couldn\'t figure out how to do it through NHL09 without wanting to destroy my Xbox in a fit of rage.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default fun idea

doulos wrote:
    I\'ve started inputting all of the rosters (as close as possible, I\'ll surely miss some trades) into SImonT Hockey Simulator for kicks.

I couldn\'t figure out how to do it through NHL09 without wanting to destroy my Xbox in a fit of rage.
    This will be great Doulos, and yes, please don\'t destroy your Xbox over us!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default fun idea

Hah yeah I just could not for the life of me find a way to make custom rosters. Maybe someone else with a better knowledge of the program could let me know, though I\'ve already started inputting rosters into the other sim.

It doesn\'t have any player who hasn\'t played a game in the NHL yet, but I should be able to custom create those players.