Thread: Decisions for next year

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Decisions for next year

30 team league, cap = NHL + 1m

Cats: skaters (g, a, +/-, pims, hits, blocks, gwg, ppg, shg, otg, sogwg) goalies (w, saves, shutouts, otl/sol)

Note: Hits, blocks and pims play a big role e.g. borowiecki scores 25+ fantasy points per game in this league.

I have 24500+ points the next closest team has 20000. Based on that lead I'm looking to fill out my roster. I've traded kadri, beleskey, Calvert and kulemin for silfverberg, beck, drew shore, grigorenko, Ryan Murray and ekholm. The hopes is that they'll fill out my roster for next year. My team next year should look like this:

Active:
    Forwards: Tavares, Seguin, Malkin, Okposo, Hornqvist, Granlund, Coyle, Scheifele, Maroon, Lee, M Martin, Raffl
    Defense: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Barrie, Muzzin, R Murray, Borowiecki
    Goalie: Holtby

Bench:
    Forwards: Drew Shore, Silfverberg, Beck
    Defense: Gryba, Ekholm, TVR, Folin
    Goalie: J Peters

Assumptions for fa's: Holtby 4m, Granlund 4m, Lee 2m, Folin 1m, Silfverberg 1m, Beck 1m,

For cap reasons I'm looking at moving byfuglien, Gardiner and Paul martin this summer.

Obviously my team won't be as good just looking for any insight into other possible options.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Decisions for next year

Im not too familiar with these point formats etc, but wouldn't you want to keep Buff in a league like this? I assume he is dual eligible as well? I know the salaries are tight but I
    d probably move someone else and hold Buffy unless you get a big offer of overpayment. He should be a top performer with those cats.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He is something of a stud as a d (right now he's 41fpg but would be closer 31fpg as a f). I'm willing to move him for a couple reasons. I think muzzin and Barrie will get me 75%+ of his points each. I'm also worried about Winnipeg's desire to play him at forward. He's also turning 30 and big guys tend to drop off a cliff faster and more suddenly.

Also at 6m next year I'd have to move both Barrie and muzzin to fit in byfuglien.

I was offered Kevin fiala, Jacob de la rose and Riley nash when byfuglien was struggling.

My plan is to offer him up with the 10th overall pick (got it a couple years ago) and maybe something else in the draft for mcdavid. I'd be willing to overpay huge for eichel or mcdavid if sets me up better long term.

Dobber Sports Genius

I also think Holtby will get over 4M....5.5-6M would be my bet....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

You're right re holtbys salary but I figure granlunds will drop a similar amount from the projected 4m.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by big_dl View Post
    Active:
    Forwards: Tavares, Seguin, Malkin, Okposo, Hornqvist, Granlund, Coyle, Scheifele, Maroon, Lee, M Martin, Raffl
    Defense: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Barrie, Muzzin, R Murray, Borowiecki
    Goalie: Holtby

Bench:
    Forwards: Drew Shore, Silfverberg, Beck
    Defense: Gryba, Ekholm, TVR, Folin
    Goalie: J Peters

For cap reasons I'm looking at moving byfuglien, Gardiner and Paul martin this summer.

Why don't I see Buff, Gardiner or Martin on your roster?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I posted the roster I'm planning on rolling with next year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by big_dl View Post
    You're right re holtbys salary but I figure granlunds will drop a similar amount from the projected 4m.
    I think Granlund will get a bridge with a 3M average per year....2.5M and 3.5M for 2....then he'll cash in...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I think Granlund will get a bridge with a 3M average per year....2.5M and 3.5M for 2....then he'll cash in...
    I agree. If he had a year this year like he had last 4m was reasonable. Given the step back he's take. Something in the neighbourhood of 2.5 seems about right.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I posted a month ago looking for alternatives to trading Byfuglien and Okposo. I explored trading Malkin but couldn;t get a price I liked. I have now traded Byfuglien and am working on moving Okposo. I thought I'd list the deals I've made to get some feedback.

1. I traded Jake Gardiner, Joe Hicketts, Nick Cousins, Christian Folin, a 2nd and a 4th for Boone Jenner and Dan Hamhuis.

- It's an overpayment and a sell low on Gardiner but even with only 12 points in his first 20 games Jenner averages more than 27 fpg, I think that goes closer to 30 next year.

2. I traded Riley Barber, Dan Hamhuis and a 2017 5th for Linden Vey and Patrick Holland

- It's really Riley Barber for Linden Vey and then me dumping Dan Hamhuis and his horrible contract. I like Linden Vey, all his peripherals are good I'm just hoping he gets a shot at some decent ice time and linemates because he does he has shown potential when put into scoring situations.

3. I traded a 2018 5th for Brandon Mashinter

- This is a really minor deal but I can keep Mashinter in my minors and he was supposed to be Chicago's goon until he got injured in camp.

4. I traded Dustin Byfuglien for Andrei Vasilevskiy, Kevin Fiala, Shane Eiserman and a 2016 3rd

- The one drawback for me is that I don't like paying a lot for prospect goalies. I am really high on Fiala especially with his production as an 18 year old in the AHL. I also like Eiserman's potential given this format. It's important that I re-stock a relatively bare prospect cupboard.

5. I traded Andrei Vasilevskiy, Jakob Silfverberg, Drew Shore and a 2018 4th for Alex Tuch, Ivan Barbashev, Tom Wilson, Colton Sceviour and Alexey Marchenko

- With this deal I was able to flip Vasilevskiy for two more high-end forward prospects which was important to me. The other reason I did this is because I expect to be really close to the cap next year and I was looking for some cost-certainty and Wilson and Sceviour are signed for next year while Silfverberg and Shore are not. There's a lot of risk with Wilson but bug time power forwards in this league are gold so I am willing to take a chance. I also like Marchenko as a gamble given that Babcock loves him.

I also picked up Marek Zidlicky for Cody Kunyk and Yaroslav Kosov because I have a lot of cap room now and he's decent insurance down the stretch.

As of now this is my lineup for next year with Okposo, Paul Martin and Marek Zidlicky left to move.

Starters:
    F: Malkin, Tavares, Seguin, Hornqvist, Jenner, Lee, Granlund, Maroon, Coyle, Scheifele, M Martin, Raffl
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Barrie, Muzzin, Borowiecki, Ekholm
    G: Holtby

Bench:
    F: T Wilson, Vey, Beck, Sceviour, Radulov
    D: Gryba, R Murray, Clendening, TVR
    G: J Peters

On the Farm: (Only listing players with roster potential for next year)
    F: Grigorenko, Fiala, Wolf, Mashinter, Kessy
    D: Marchenko

I normally wouldn't aggressively re-tool for next year this early but my lead is now over 6,000 points (I have 33,000+ while 2nd has almost 27,000). Thoughts on my mid-season re-tool?