Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Traded the NHL's Leading Scorer, Mistake?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Traded the NHL's Leading Scorer, Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    78pts, so to me the difference between 78pts and 82pts is instant replay (as Robitaille would say). anyone who gets 78pts should be considered to have a chance at ppg
    I agree 100%

and anyone who is around a point per game has a chance at 90 plus
    which is exactly what were seeing this year

Last year when Voracek had like 5 points in his first 20 games I traded a 1st rounder (which ended up being Rielly Smith), Tatar, Ryan Ellis and Enroth for him

I got ripped on by some in the league for it
    I love bringing that trade up to them now lol
    The timing of the trade (point a game before those 20 games and almost EXACTLY after those 20) makes it one of my favourite trades ever

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Traded the NHL's Leading Scorer, Mistake?

You sold high on Voracek, no doubt. 95% of the time he will not be leading the NHL in scoring. That said, I think Duchene is one of the most overrated fantasy players on earth, based on his sexy name. One-for-one, there is no way I would rather have Duchene over Voracek now (and moving forward). But, you could win the goalie cats here big-time, which helps. Although Bishop and Mason both seem to get these frequent "nagging" injuries, which is irritating. Personally, if I were selling high on Voracek right now I would have looked to hit a grand slam - you hit a double at best IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka