Thread: Leafs Owe It To Their Fans To

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Leafs Owe It To Their Fans To

Provide a well articulated plan for the future and a defined direction.

http://thehockeywriters.com/leafs-ow...ection-a-plan/

Banned

Default Re: Leafs Owe It To Their Fans To

as the wise man Kevin O'Leary would say: STOP THE MADNESS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    In all fairness to Mr. O'Leary, who is a 100 times smarter than me, I have to say that guys like him on television really annoy me.
    They come across so pompous and I want to scream at them and remind them that fortunes likes his (more often than not) are made on luck more than brains. It's more about being at the right place at the right time, in the right era, with just the right circumstances. O'Leary was fortunate to be coming into his own exactly at a time where companies like his needed nothing but imagination to get bought out at an absurd premium.

Today, companies need more tangible assets to be considered worthy of drooling over. It's not like it was in the pre-internet era.
    Mr. O'Leary would do well to remember that the next time he loudly demeans the participants on his show.
    I like rich people who have a touch of humility. They get it. Brett Wilson gets it.
    I was a big Wilson fan until I had him as a keynote speaker somewhere and I was super disappointed.

I think O'Leary is paid to be a bit of a douche on tv. However, more often than not he is right in his response to people's ideas that they think are the next big think while in reality they are garbage and I even feel bad on my couch watching the idea lol.

There is some truth to the being at the right time in the right era stuff. Have you ever read any Malcolm Gladwell books? Outliers for example is great. Also give Blink and The Tipping Point a read. Stuff he writes makes a lot of sense once you read it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Leafs fans could stand to be a bit less entitled and to stop behaving as if they're owed something, if you ask me.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

The Plan:

1. Sign David Clarkson for 7 years
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. Profit

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I'm sure the detailed plan would be incredible to hear... and then Shanahan would give Carlyle the endorsement of doom and fire him a week later. Seriously, if they did this would anyone believe them? It's easy to say you're building a through the draft and aiming to have a deep roster. Doing it is another thing. Actions speak louder than words.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    The Plan:

2. ...
    3. ...
    4. Profit

Dave Nonis vs. A Potato
    strikes again!
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    The Plan:

2. Team bonding
    3. Team bonding
    4. Profit
    Fixed your quote.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What the Leafs do owe the fans is to allow another NHL team in the area! It's just ridiculous that there is only 1 team in the WORLD'S biggest and best hockey market. How dare they deprive the million or so hockey fans in this area from being able to go to a game because of their dictatorship.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    What the Leafs do owe the fans is to allow another NHL team in the area! It's just ridiculous that there is only 1 team in the WORLD'S biggest and best hockey market. How dare they deprive the million or so hockey fans in this area from being able to go to a game because of their dictatorship.
    I hope you're joking

Administrator

Leafs owe it to their fans to call up those corporate suits and tell them to get their asses to their seats!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I hope you're joking
    Not joking.

This is wrong on so many levels. Firstly, it would create a ton of jobs. Secondly, unlike a few American markets, the area would thrive. You would have 18,000 people or so, out and about the area at least 41 times a year. Most of those 18,000 people would probably just be sitting at home. Thirdly, parents may be able to actually take their kids to an NHL game. Something that probably every American parent in or near an NHL city can do annually. Lastly, how about showing some respect to your LOYAL fans by giving back instead of always taking. Why should they have this kind of control?

I understand the economics and that they obviously don't want any competition, but, they would hardly be affected by another team in the area. They have their history engraved in this city. A team in Markham, or wherever, would be amazing. It would be fitting to have that 2nd team in the worlds biggest and hottest hockey market!