Thread: Trade: Duchene for Koivu+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade: Duchene for Koivu+

I've been offered Koivu, Krieder and Lindholm(Ana) for Duchene and a pick.

I'm thinking of taking the deal as those are 3 decent players and helps spread out my scoring.
    Only thing I'm thinking about is Koivus high cap hit.
    30 team, 23 man roster-3c,3rw,3lw,3Util,6D,2G, 3 reserve spots. Pts only, goalies: 2pts W, 3 pts SO, Current NHL cap.
    Limited Keeper: (7) forwards, (3) defensemen, (2) utility skater (either a F or D) and (1) goaltender.

C-Crosby(8.7), Stamkos(7.5),Koivu, Kadri
    LW-Krieder, O'Reilly, Vanek, Morin
    RW-Ovechkin, Brown,JT, Dwyer, McGinn
    D- Olsen,Folin, Lindholm, Prosser, Sustr, Marincin

G- Reimer, Fasth

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trade: Duchene for Koivu+

Are you competing this year? If not, I would rather try to shop R. Nash for that package than Duchene and I'm not a fan of Koivu.....Duchene is a keeper for you....Nash has a good year so far but we've been waiting for years.....will it last? I'm not sure.....so there's a hype for Nash right now that you could take advantage of instead of trading Duchene.....my 2 cents.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree that you should be taking advantage of Nash.

Also, I can't help but wonder why you're not looking for a G. Would Nash possibly be enough to get you that in your league? 30 teams is a deep league.

I'd avoid Koivu, I believe that Granlund's edging him out a bit.

(FYI, I think you might need to add a closing "[/SIZE]" tag to your signature. )

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Unfortunately, it's Riley Nash and not Rick Näsh. Doesn't carry as much trade value!
    Goalies are hard to come by in our league and the GMs that have good ones ask the world for trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I agree that you should be taking advantage of Nash.

Also, I can't help but wonder why you're not looking for a G. Would Nash possibly be enough to get you that in your league? 30 teams is a deep league.

I'd avoid Koivu, I believe that Granlund's edging him out a bit.

(FYI, I think you might need to add a closing "[/SIZE]" tag to your signature. )
    30 team, 23 man roster-3c,3rw,3lw,3Util,6D,2G, 3 reserve spots. Pts only, goalies: 2pts W, 3 pts SO, Current NHL cap.
    Limited Keeper: (7) forwards, (3) defensemen, (2) utility skater (either a F or D) and (1) goaltender.

C-Crosby(8.7), Stamkos(7.5),Koivu, Kadri
    LW-Krieder, O'Reilly, Vanek, Morin
    RW-Ovechkin, Brown,JT, Dwyer, McGinn
    D- Olsen,Folin, Lindholm, Prosser, Sustr, Marincin

G- Reimer, Fasth

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd pass. Kreider IMO is OK but overrated and I'm not sure he'll ever put it together. Koivu as stated above is OK but not in a Duchene deal

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by domal View Post
    Unfortunately, it's Riley Nash and not Rick Näsh. Doesn't carry as much trade value!
    Goalies are hard to come by in our league and the GMs that have good ones ask the world for trades.
    LOL. I don't blame them.

Anyway, definitely not. If you're going to deal one of your stud forwards in a league that large, it should be to improve your situation in goal. Not for someone like Koivu who IMHO is on the downside, or Lindholm, who will be limited on a squad w/ both Fowler and Vatanen.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by domal View Post
    Makes the decision even easier....no way I trade Duchene for that package....keep what you have...
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As stated, keep Duchene. He's a great player and only 23 years old to boot.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.