Thread: Valuing Benn

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Valuing Benn

I have Benn but I'm tight against the cap. I could use some help in other areas to help me compete this year.
    Where I struggle is how to value him in trades. I'm also a fan if his which probably lends some bias as well.
    I would most likely be targeting help at F and D for him and mostly elc type guys up to maybe 2mil or so.
    Its a h2h standard cat league (G A Pts Pim +/- Sog PPP SHP ).
    What are some combos of guys (inc a f and a d) you would target that have low salaries that you feel would be close to fair value ? Personally I feel I should get at least 3 (an example would be strome + rielly + granlund) and again I would want mostly guys that can contribute this year

Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Valuing Benn

Benn is an absolute cap steal at 5.25mil for all the cats he fills and points he puts up. You DO NOT move Benn in this situation at all. Look other places. Given the cats in your sig, I'm sure forwards make up the most valuable players with no hits or blocks. Look to offload higher salary D and replace them with producing young guys on ELCs or just stream whoever is hot. Zero reason to trade Benn here.
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DO NOT MOVE BENN IN A CAP LEAGUE you will not get a guy of his talent at his cap back at a cheap price if you move him, i've been burned for it many times but you definitely want quality or quantity. Unless you are confident you can find a player at his cap that his anything close to similar just hold on to him and move another piece

Dobber Sports Wizard

Benn is one of the most valuable players to own in a cap league. So like the others have said, hold onto him.....if you need to cut salary try and move a different player instead.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

I agree guys thanks. I just have some older guys that are super valuable but others won't take their cap hit at their ages. So I figured let's see what Benn could net me but the offers have not been up to snuff IMO so I was just checking on here
    Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Benn is one of the most valuable players to own in a cap league. So like the others have said, hold onto him.....if you need to cut salary try and move a different player instead.
    This.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Banned

I agree with what others have already said, Benn is money in cap formats, great bang for the buck

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    As FTD says move a different player instead. It is easier to stream D-men if you have to unload salary. Try trading a d-man for a lower contract, at a little loss, then you will have some cap flexibity, especially if you can stream a D position.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO