Thread: Lehner Fantasy Value

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Lehner Fantasy Value

I wanted to get some recent thoughts on Lehner's fantasy value. When Anderson signed his extension this summer, Lehner seemed to go from 'goalie of the future' to something else ranging from platoon goalie to trade chip. Now that Anderson has been playing well, I don't know how I should value him in my keeper league. He is on my farm roster and could be a good trade chip but goalies are very valuable in this league so if he is going to be getting reasonable NHL starts and stats soon, I would probably rather keep him.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Lehner Fantasy Value

No way Lehner isn't the goalie going forward for Ottawa. Eugene Melnyk is cheap and will not want to pay both of his goalies the amount that he is currently paying them (4ish for Anderson and 2.25 for Lehner). They just fired the coach (not too far removed from his Jack Adams). I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson moved close to the deadline. Pure conjecture on my part, but Melnyk is notoriously cheap and I cannot see him having two goalies like that on the roster. Anderson could find a home on many teams come trade deadline.
    C: Crosby, McDavid Faksa
    LW: Skinner, Pearson, Couture
    RW: Wheeler, Gallagher, Riley Nash,
    D: Pietrangelo, Subban, Lindel, Chabot
    Goal: Quick, Allen

Farm Team:
    Kapanen, Aberg, Bertuzzi, Yamamoto, Barbashev, Liljegren, Samsonov

Scoring Cats:
    Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Lehner is still the future in net for the Sens. I think that Anderson's extension ultimately makes it easier to trade him when the time comes.

Banned

Anderson might even be traded at the deadline or this summer. Lehner is still the long-term answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy_85 View Post
    No way Lehner isn't the goalie going forward for Ottawa. Eugene Melnyk is cheap and will not want to pay both of his goalies the amount that he is currently paying them (4ish for Anderson and 2.25 for Lehner). They just fired the coach (not too far removed from his Jack Adams). I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson moved close to the deadline. Pure conjecture on my part, but Melnyk is notoriously cheap and I cannot see him having two goalies like that on the roster. Anderson could find a home on many teams come trade deadline.
    if they cared about the salary they wouldn't have extended him at all. But I agree he could be moved this summer or at the deadline if they're out of it.

Dobber Sports Master

Lehner is still the goalie of the future in Ottawa, and will earn more starts sooner than later, and most certainly as soon as next year.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

They've got two good goalies for just a bit over 6 million...not bad for 82 games of above average goaltending. I think this really comes to a head if Lehner forces the coach to play him and not Anderson OR its time to sign RFA Lehner and decide he's earned a hefty raise, at which point they will probably choose to deal Anderson.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry