Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hey Look Karlsson

Banned

Default Re: Hey Look Karlsson

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Preach! Loving him for the champ run. That's like a 70pts pace?
    ~68. He has 19 PTS on 20 games in 2015. Four straight 2 point games right now. He's back to his old self without a doubt

Dobber Sports Padawan

Was wondering if an old Karlsson thread would get revived. He has been on fire and now only 3 points behind Giordano for the points lead among dmen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nice!!! And he's about 40 fan points out in my Norris race. Keeper coming Karl!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Percy21 View Post
    Was wondering if an old Karlsson thread would get revived. He has been on fire and now only 3 points behind Giordano for the points lead among dmen.
    If he finishes first in scoring then I bet he receives some norris noms

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    If he finishes first in scoring then I bet he receives some norris noms
    Yes, because everyone knows the Norris isn't about giving it to the best defenseman but more about giving it to the most offensive one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yes, because everyone knows the Norris isn't about giving it to the best defenseman but more about giving it to the most offensive one.
    he has been one of the best defensemen in both stats and performance after a slow start, If he is a plus player he will get votes.

With more and more voters looking at advanced stats and the like, that's where he will shine.

Weber will probably win.

Dobber Sports Titan

If he leads D in points he will get Norris nomination votes. It’s about all around game, not just best defensive game. If he leads in points and is a slight +, I wouldn’t be upset he got nominated. Besides, he’s always has been on the ice for more goals for than goals against. Just add up his PPP to his +/- and he’s constantly a + player by a large margin.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

If he leads D in points he will get Norris nomination votes. It’s about all around game, not just best defensive game. If he leads in points and is a slight +, I wouldn’t be upset he got nominated. Besides, he’s always has been on the ice for more goals for than goals against. Just add up his PPP to his +/- and he’s constantly a + player by a large margin.
    By this way of thinking, Karlsson is way behind Kris Letang then.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

By this way of thinking, Karlsson is way behind Kris Letang then.
    Karlsson
    13G-31A-44Pts-(-1)- 19PPP-26:58TOI
    Letang
    10G-35A-45Pts- (+7)-19PPP-25:24TOI

I wouldn’t say way behind. And it’s not like Norris Trophy nominations really go by “per-game” stats. If the stats are the same and one player plays 82 games, where the other plays 81, it may sway to the 81 game guy. But something is given to someone that avoids injuries.

Also, the whole “on a better team” situation could come into play. With the stats, I’d peg Karlsson over Letang, but neither would be nominated (to me) right now. If Karlsson continues his current play, and finishes with 67-70pts (23-26pts in final 26 games) it turns into a completely different story. A strong finish influences the votes tremendously (Bobrovsky for Vezina)

Banned

Of course he'll get votes and consideration, to suggest he will not is stupid. But ultimately this is not his year, there are better choices.

Dobber Sports Deity

Karlsson
    13G-31A-44Pts-(-1)- 19PPP-26:58TOI
    Letang
    10G-35A-45Pts- (+7)-19PPP-25:24TOI

I wouldn’t say way behind. And it’s not like Norris Trophy nominations really go by “per-game” stats. If the stats are the same and one player plays 82 games, where the other plays 81, it may sway to the 81 game guy. But something is given to someone that avoids injuries.

Also, the whole “on a better team” situation could come into play. With the stats, I’d peg Karlsson over Letang, but neither would be nominated (to me) right now. If Karlsson continues his current play, and finishes with 67-70pts (23-26pts in final 26 games) it turns into a completely different story. A strong finish influences the votes tremendously (Bobrovsky for Vezina)
    I suppose, to say "way behind" is a tad strong, but all things considered, Karlsson is still behind him when we look at your reference to PPP and the +/- theory. That is what I was trying to say.

Dobber Sports Titan

The Norris trophy has to be one of the hardest to vote for; that or the Hart. The Hart gets lost in “Best player” and “Most valuable to his team”. Norris is all argument based. So when you say Letang is in front of Karlsson in PPP and +/- I can say the PPP efficiency for Letang may be higher, but look who he’s with. Karlsson is on his own pretty much. The +/- for Letang is higher, but I can say well how many of plays resulting in a + for him were directly related to him?

You can comment on Karlsson’s defensive plays and how he can be lacking. It seems like the Norris is a Political bash compaign battle to see whose better (or worse). It’s my least liked trophy, it should be split into 2 trophies now; best defensive D-man, and best offensive D-man.

But he’s on pace for a 64pt season, if he continues his streak he could get 66-68pts. In December I think he was on pace for 50-55pts. That’s a big jump and no one can deny how he’s played since he got his 1G-1A a few months ago against Toronto.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Norris trophy has to be one of the hardest to vote for; that or the Hart. The Hart gets lost in “Best player” and “Most valuable to his team”. Norris is all argument based. So when you say Letang is in front of Karlsson in PPP and +/- I can say the PPP efficiency for Letang may be higher, but look who he’s with. Karlsson is on his own pretty much. The +/- for Letang is higher, but I can say well how many of plays resulting in a + for him were directly related to him?

You can comment on Karlsson’s defensive plays and how he can be lacking. It seems like the Norris is a Political bash compaign battle to see whose better (or worse). It’s my least liked trophy, it should be split into 2 trophies now; best defensive D-man, and best offensive D-man.

But he’s on pace for a 64pt season, if he continues his streak he could get 66-68pts. In December I think he was on pace for 50-55pts. That’s a big jump and no one can deny how he’s played since he got his 1G-1A a few months ago against Toronto.
    I agree, the Norris is a joke. How about they just start giving it to the best overall defenseman, like I thought they were supposed to anyway, instead of the top scoring one.

Dobber Sports Titan

Since 2004-05 (lockout) I’ve only really been shocked by 2 winners. Subban (2012-13) and Keith (2013-14). Keith last yr was really good, but I thought Weber should have won, and Karlsson just had a stupid good offensive yr that couldn’t really be ignored. I can see the argument against him that yr tho.

But Lindstrom won 4 times (2005-08, 2010-11) which was good, and Chara (2008-09) was dominant. Those are your winners the last 10 yrs.

To argue defensive skill over 10players is so difficult. Offensive skill is easier because there’s tangibles that are directly recorded by the NHL. Top 10 in D scoring:
    Gio (47), Letang (45), Burns (44), Karlsson (44), Weber (42), Subban (41), Yandle (40) Shatty (40), Buff (40), Josi (40). Yandle, Buff and Shatty will prolly be out of the convo. Doughty, Keith, and Suter would prolly replace them as top 10. So how difficult is it to narrow down a list of 10 that include Gio, Letang, Burns, Karlsson, Weber, Subban, Doughty, Keith, Suter and Josi. It’s gotta be the worse Trophy to vote for, cause no matter who wins, there will be people furious at the selection.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

I agree, the Norris is a joke. How about they just start giving it to the best overall defenseman, like I thought they were supposed to anyway, instead of the top scoring one.
    This comment is always made and it is always ridiculous. Karlsson would have won last year if that was the case. Mike green would have won, etc. Just accept that unless you're betting on the trophy like I did this year, it really does not matter at all who wins these trophies.