Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hey Look Karlsson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Hey Look Karlsson

Karlsson is one of the most offensively gifted defensemen in the league. However, his defence is so poor and he makes too many mistakes to be considered the most valuable defensemen. Personally, when he won the Norris, I think there were a handful of defensemen who were far better overall. It's like putting f**king Ovechkin on defence and handing him the Norris while he is a minus 1000. To be the best defensemen in the league you actually have to play D!
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not questioning Karlsson, but I am sure questioning the rationale when it comes to determining who wins the Norris trophy. Just because the guy scores a lot of points, does not make him the best defenceman in the league and worth of winning that award.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

So the D-man who put up stats like 19G, 59A, 78pts, +16, 5GWG, 28ppp, 261shots, 60hits, 65blks (which is low, but it was still something). He was 25pts ahead of the next D-man in points. The trophy is about all-around-game, including offense. He destroyed offensively so it made up for everything else. +16 with 28ppp is hard to do. He essentially was on the ice for 3 even strength goals for, and 2 against. If they had +/- effected by Powerplay goals, he’d always be a + player. He simply is on for more goals for, then against.

He is a weaker defensive player, but his game is offense and on a team where Bobby Ryan is your sniper, they need Karlsson to win.

And I’m surprised no one came up with the point Dallas gives up the most shot attempts against in the league, DUH Klingberg is going to have more blocks. Klingbergs has 8 hits in 17 games vs Karlsson’s 34 in 27games. So must mean Karlsson is better at defense then right?

And Klingberg is passing to Benn and Seguin. Be curious how many of his assists are secondary ones (or the goal is directly influenced by him).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    I'm gonna win the beer League Norris due to stellar defensive play while contributing on the scoresheet, something Karlsson would benefit from.
    Lets face it big Ev, you play better D than Karlsson. You spend 65% of your day on here defending senators.
    Now that's funny

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So the D-man who put up stats like 19G, 59A, 78pts, +16, 5GWG, 28ppp, 261shots, 60hits, 65blks (which is low, but it was still something). He was 25pts ahead of the next D-man in points. The trophy is about all-around-game, including offense. He destroyed offensively so it made up for everything else. +16 with 28ppp is hard to do. He essentially was on the ice for 3 even strength goals for, and 2 against. If they had +/- effected by Powerplay goals, he’d always be a + player. He simply is on for more goals for, then against.

He is a weaker defensive player, but his game is offense and on a team where Bobby Ryan is your sniper, they need Karlsson to win.

And I’m surprised no one came up with the point Dallas gives up the most shot attempts against in the league, DUH Klingberg is going to have more blocks. Klingbergs has 8 hits in 17 games vs Karlsson’s 34 in 27games. So must mean Karlsson is better at defense then right?

And Klingberg is passing to Benn and Seguin. Be curious how many of his assists are secondary ones (or the goal is directly influenced by him).
    You're completely forgetting the fact that Anderson had a career year that year and bailed them out of some very poor performances. That +16 is deceiving IMO. Watching him play, his D is just verrry questionable.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    You're completely forgetting the fact that Anderson had a career year that year and bailed them out of some very poor performances. That +16 is deceiving IMO. Watching him play, his D is just verrry questionable.
    Not true at all, Anderson was just ok that year. You're mixing up seasons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    Karlsson is one of the most offensively gifted defensemen in the league. However, his defence is so poor and he makes too many mistakes to be considered the most valuable defensemen. Personally, when he won the Norris, I think there were a handful of defensemen who were far better overall. It's like putting f**king Ovechkin on defence and handing him the Norris while he is a minus 1000. To be the best defensemen in the league you actually have to play D!
    you never watched him that year I guess. Anyways whenever I see the comment about how he isn't actually a defenseman, my respect for the person who said it goes down. Sorry. Put Karlsson at forward and he would stink.

Dobber Sports Ace

[QUOTE=2014olympicgold;1394709]So the D-man who put up stats like 19G, 59A, 78pts, +16, 5GWG, 28ppp, 261shots, 60hits, 65blks (which is low, but it was still something). He was 25pts ahead of the next D-man in points. The trophy is about all-around-game, including offense. He destroyed offensively so it made up for everything else. +16 with 28ppp is hard to do.
    Those #s are Norris like to me.
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

The Great One

Klingberg over Karlsson haha you guys are nuts

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Klingberg over Karlsson haha you guys are nuts
    Yeah, that is just cray cray talk.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Yeah, that is just cray cray talk.

yes...unreal...damn...why can't I have more guys like that in my league? atleast I own Karlsson and Klingberg... so I won't be tempted! lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Oh Karlsson....how I hate you...not only do you suck defensively but you aren't putting up dem points! I can't even trade you for Filip Forsberg!

Whats the deal? Is Chris Phillips that bad compared to Methot? He's a minus EVERY game!
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    Oh Karlsson... I can't even trade you for Filip Forsberg!

Whats the deal? Is Chris Phillips that bad compared to Methot? He's a minus EVERY game!
    My Forsberg can instantly be had for Karlsson.

Banned

Since you made this post: 30 GP, 7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points, +8, 109 shots, 6PPP, 29 HIT, 27 BLK, 24 PIM, 2 GWG

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Since you made this post: 30 GP, 7 goals, 18 assists, 25 points, +8, 109 shots, 6PPP, 29 HIT, 27 BLK, 24 PIM, 2 GWG
    Preach! Loving him for the champ run. That's like a 70pts pace?