Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 4, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 4, 2014

I recently did the Rankings and I remember some of the points adjustments I made in that column, so I'm pretty quick with the point projections right now. Especially with the ones who are over/under achieving

I forgot about two things that I had to do today, including a meeting this evening. So if I don't get all the questions today, I will do a more extensive mailbag tomorrow.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I recently did the Rankings and I remember some of the points adjustments I made in that column, so I'm pretty quick with the point projections right now. Especially with the ones who are over/under achieving

I forgot about two things that I had to do today, including a meeting this evening. So if I don't get all the questions today, I will do a more extensive mailbag tomorrow.
    If that's the case, then I don't feel TOO guilty in asking you for the following:

Landeskog
    Bergeron
    Hossa
    Hartnell (so streaky wtf?)
    M. Koivu (<- pretty hot debate over this guy in the Sell High/Buy Low thread)
    Ehrhoff

Context:
    1. Koivu was a FA for a while - didn't pick him up.
    2. Not sure if I should've sold high on Hartnell when I had the chance - a lot of interested mangers at that point but I didn't bother. He's just such a multi-cat stud! Even gets BLKS sometimes...
    3. Was offered Landeskog and Bergeron for my Nelson and Forsberg a while ago but he retracted the trade when I hadn't accepted for 2 days. I feel like I lost out on the potential deal.

<3 ty Dobber!
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Wizard

In points-only, who do you like the most

Gaborik
    Lupul
    Versteeg

Thanks in advance
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Are there are any up and coming backup goaltenders, or not-in-the-NHL-yet goaltenders who could be looking at stealing a starting position next season in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Are there are any up and coming backup goaltenders, or not-in-the-NHL-yet goaltenders who could be looking at stealing a starting position next season in the NHL?
    I hope you don't mind me answering but this is a really good Q so I started thinking about it. Not sure if my picks qualify but...

1. Ramo over Hiller. I think this'll happen next season; Hiller's only on a 2 season contract.

2. Lehner over Anderson finally. I think OTT will sell Anderson at the trade deadline because I think with the way he's playing atm, there's a lot of value to be had. Can be either a starter or amazing backup on a contending team.

3. Hutchinson over Pavelec is honestly very possible. Hutch was fairly unknown prior to this season.

4. Flyers might look to acquire some team's goalie prospect that's ready (ex. Vancouver acquires a top 6 W [Philly's got a lot of nice W's] that they've been wanting for a while, and trades either Markstrom or Lack away)
    I'm a Canucks fan; I honestly don't see how the current goalie situation is sustainable. One of them has to go - Markstrom is playing out of his mind in the AHL atm. Big reason why Utica's doing well.

5. Stalock over Niemi. If Sharks don't make playoffs, this is a sure thing. If they make playoffs, but they get ousted very soon, it's pretty much a sure thing. If they advance past the first round, but a lot of goals are scored in the games that they do lose, it's pretty much a sure thing. On the way out.

6. Elliot vs Allen is very interesting. Really have to say how Allen performs down the stretch and identifying the goalie who does the majority of the work in playoffs when it really counts.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default A couple of winger prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I have a busy next few hours but I should be able to chip away at some questions this afternoon, and then late tonight really sit down and pound away at them. So fire away!

Hi Dobber, Who would you rather protect in a keeper league (points only, bonus point for PP goals) - Teravainen or Ehlers?

Also, is Brodie the real deal? I'm not expecting him to keep up the pace but is 50 a possibility?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Points only. I have a deal cooking and I am wondering what you think Nestrasil's upside and 3YP is.

Carolina isn't very deep so can he be a productive player there? Thanks
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd like to see your take on Hornqvist now that you have some sample to draw from (compared to your guide). I'm also curious to your take on Carlson given his start.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    If that's the case, then I don't feel TOO guilty in asking you for the following:

Landeskog
    Bergeron
    Hossa
    Hartnell (so streaky wtf?)
    M. Koivu (<- pretty hot debate over this guy in the Sell High/Buy Low thread)
    Ehrhoff

Context:
    1. Koivu was a FA for a while - didn't pick him up.
    2. Not sure if I should've sold high on Hartnell when I had the chance - a lot of interested mangers at that point but I didn't bother. He's just such a multi-cat stud! Even gets BLKS sometimes...
    3. Was offered Landeskog and Bergeron for my Nelson and Forsberg a while ago but he retracted the trade when I hadn't accepted for 2 days. I feel like I lost out on the potential deal.

<3 ty Dobber!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

I got 2 questions:

First: In a pts only league (boxpool). Would you drop Gaborik for Hudler/Nash/Bozak/Kesler if you had 1 move left all year (and owning kunitz with his broken foot)? And WHO would you pick out of the mentioned.

Second question:

For league in signature any moves you see that would make my team better? In other words, who do I need to get rid of or sell highs? I am thinking Comeau is the guy leaving when Green returns from IR. The team is currently in 2nd 12 pts behind first.

Thanks!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    In points-only, who do you like the most

Gaborik
    Lupul
    Versteeg

Thanks in advance
    In One Yr leagues:
    Versteeg
    Lupul
    Gaborik

In keeper:
    Gaborik
    Versteeg
    Lupul

Yes, I'm going pretty heavy with Versteeg over what is really just four weeks of strong play. But the situation seems to be such that it won't really change much unless he gets hurt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For league in sig, who do you choose between Granlund and Lehtera. Id like your short vs long term call on this.
    Ty Dobs!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for this.

How would you rank these d-men in a points only keeper. Really trying to see if Klingberg might fit in my long term plan and if I should go after him.

Klingberg
    Trouba
    E. Johnson
    J. Johnson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks Dobber.

1) What is your take on Yakupov? If things don't change in Edm, is his career done?

2) Projection for Scheifele? His production has been disappointing so far.

3) Schenn was taken off the top line for the last two games. Was he just not playing well? Didn't find chemistry? What's his projection?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Best bet is still Raanta, then Grubauer. I did like Murray, but the Fleury contract ruined those thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeSoup View Post
    I hope you don't mind me answering but this is a really good Q so I started thinking about it. Not sure if my picks qualify but...

1. Ramo over Hiller. I think this'll happen next season; Hiller's only on a 2 season contract.

2. Lehner over Anderson finally. I think OTT will sell Anderson at the trade deadline because I think with the way he's playing atm, there's a lot of value to be had. Can be either a starter or amazing backup on a contending team.

3. Hutchinson over Pavelec is honestly very possible. Hutch was fairly unknown prior to this season.

4. Flyers might look to acquire some team's goalie prospect that's ready (ex. Vancouver acquires a top 6 W [Philly's got a lot of nice W's] that they've been wanting for a while, and trades either Markstrom or Lack away)
    I'm a Canucks fan; I honestly don't see how the current goalie situation is sustainable. One of them has to go - Markstrom is playing out of his mind in the AHL atm. Big reason why Utica's doing well.

5. Stalock over Niemi. If Sharks don't make playoffs, this is a sure thing. If they make playoffs, but they get ousted very soon, it's pretty much a sure thing. If they advance past the first round, but a lot of goals are scored in the games that they do lose, it's pretty much a sure thing. On the way out.

6. Elliot vs Allen is very interesting. Really have to say how Allen performs down the stretch and identifying the goalie who does the majority of the work in playoffs when it really counts.

Regarding LakeSoup's response
    1. I think so too
    2. No. Not buying it, and don't believe you should bank on trades if you can help it.
    3. Yes, possible but a little iffy. They love their Golden Boy
    4. No, Philly loves Mason. Blame right now is on Read, Simmonds, Lecavalier, etc
    5. Stalock will happen this year. Thinking February you'll see the shift
    6. It's Allen's job to lose for now with the injury. But they pay Elliott well so he'll get a big share of starts until his contract is done