Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Brodeur going to stick with Blues?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Brodeur going to stick with Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    No, brodeur is done and will be cut once elliot comes back. Why would they keep brodeur over elliot when elliot has played great this year and hitchcock promised elliot a shot at number 1? Elliot has done nothing to lose the job so far especially to a washed up brodeur.
    Go read some of the quotes that Hitchcock has been saying to the media the past few days since Brodeur has been practicing with them. I think you are in for a big shock if you think Brodeur is simply there to hold them over until Elliott comes back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Go read some of the quotes that Hitchcock has been saying to the media the past few days since Brodeur has been practicing with them. I think you are in for a big shock if you think Brodeur is simply there to hold them over until Elliott comes back.
    Nope. I think you're in for a big shock yourself. You won't be able to tell me one logical reason why they would keep him over elliot who has played great this year. Did you watch brodeur last year? He's horrible now and washed up. There's a reason no team wanted to sign him until now.

You want to know a hitchcock quote about brodeur? He said, brodeur on his worst day is awfully good. That's a flat out lie and proves hitchcock either didn't watch brodeur last year or is just blowing smoke. See brodeur in the outdoor game? That was brodeur at his worst and no one would classify that as awfully good.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didnt say they would keep him over Elliott, but I can see them keeping him over Allen. The fact you aren't even willing to listen to someone telling you that the Head Coach is saying he will be playing is enough for me to bail on this discussion with you. You are obviously too narrow minded to even consider the fact that Hitch likes what Brodeur brings to his team; Stanley Cup experience.

Believe me, he will be there for the remainder of this year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I didnt say they would keep him over Elliott, but I can see them keeping him over Allen. The fact you aren't even willing to listen to someone telling you that the Head Coach is saying he will be playing is enough for me to bail on this discussion with you. You are obviously too narrow minded to even consider the fact that Hitch likes what Brodeur brings to his team; Stanley Cup experience.

Believe me, he will be there for the remainder of this year.
    Wait you think brodeur will stay over allen who has done his time in the ahl and is going to carry the bulk of the load while elliot is out? I'm not narrow minded because keeping brodeur over either of them is just preposterous. You need to realize that brodeur is done, which is something I don't think you're willing to accept. That tells me I need to bail on this discussion with you if you can't see brodeur for what he is and are too enamoured with his name and reputation. I'll be here to tell you I told you so once he gets cut and feel free to do the same if he doesn't!

Dobber Sports Monster

Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal
    Hitchcock mercifully ends Brodeur as backup BS; simply not wired for it: "If he’s here, he’s going to play. He’s not going to back up"

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Banned

Oh Axeman... His play will dictate if he is there until the end off the season and how much he plays - not some lip service from a coach to the media.

Dobber Sports Stud

Let's hope this goes better than the Ryan Miller experiment
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Oh Axeman... His play will dictate if he is there until the end off the season and how much he plays - not some lip service from a coach to the media.
    In a way, you are right, but for now, I will take the word of Ken Hitchcock over you or anyone else for that matter. Right now, it's his words that matter and he is telling everyone that Brodeur will get his chance to play. They didn't sign him to ride the bench. If he sucks then so be it, but he's going to get his shot to play.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal
    Hitchcock mercifully ends Brodeur as backup BS; simply not wired for it: "If he’s here, he’s going to play. He’s not going to back up"
    Haha hitchcock is in for a rude awakening if he gives brodeur a bunch of games. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was allen. Brodeur already made the jersey room toxic with his constant whining last year and hitchcock is going to let him have his way in st. louis?!

Banned

In a way, you are right, but for now, I will take the word of Ken Hitchcock over you or anyone else for that matter. Right now, it's his words that matter and he is telling everyone that Brodeur will get his chance to play. They didn't sign him to ride the bench. If he sucks then so be it, but he's going to get his shot to play.
    There's a big difference between getting a shot as a starter and being a guaranteed starter the rest of the year. Looking at Brodeur's sharp decline over the past few seasons, I find it delusional to think Brodeur is a starter capable goalie in the NHL. Hitchcock is to respectful to say anything else to the media about one of the game's greats.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    There's a big difference between getting a shot as a starter and being a guaranteed starter the rest of the year. Looking at Brodeur's sharp decline over the past few seasons, I find it delusional to think Brodeur is a starter capable goalie in the NHL. Hitchcock is to respectful to say anything else to the media about one of the game's greats.
    Exactly. Finally, someone who understands hitchcock is being diplomatic when he talks about brodeur. If he isn't though and really believes what he's saying then my opinion of him just lowered as a coach. The only team brodeur could help maybe is dallas because lindback is awful...but even that is a tough call as I don't know who is worse these days.

Dobber Sports Deity

I never said he was going to be the guaranteed starter for the rest of the year. Please find a post where I said that. What I have said is that Hitchcock has stated that he is going to play and they didn't bring him in to be a backup.

What you think and what I think are irrelevant at this point. It's what Hitchcock thinks and what he plans on doing. I think he has enough respect for Brodeur to not say things like "he will get a shot to start" in the media and then turn around and not give him that shot. Right now, I'd say the starting role is Brodeurs to lose based on Hitchcocks statements. What he does with it remains to be seen.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I never said he was going to be the guaranteed starter for the rest of the year.
    Don't worry I never said you said he'll be the starter. I'm holding you to the fact you said he'll still be there once elliot is healthy because that I believe has 0 percent chance of happening unless elliot is out for 3-4 months, then that could change things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Don't worry I never said you said he'll be the starter. I'm holding you to the fact you said he'll still be there once elliot is healthy because that I believe has 0 percent chance of happening unless elliot is out for 3-4 months, then that could change things.
    You do that. LOL!

And I guess I will hold you to the fact you think he has ZERO chance of sticking around after Elliott comes back.

How does that sound?

Banned

He said that he will be there even when Elliott is back and that he won't be there as a back-up. The Blues could make a lot of goalies look good, but not sure about a guy who has struggled to keep his save percentage above .900 the past few seasons and has looked noticeably "shitty".