Thread: Crosby Trade

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Crosby Trade

I just got some balls and made an attempt at Crosby...

Savard Crosby-1st
    Kopitar 4th Rd Pick
    Ryder 5th rd pick
    1st Pick 2008 6th Rd pick
    1st pick 2010 7th Rd pick

What do u guys think? Too Much? Not enough?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re:Crosby Trade

I dont understand the offer, but it likes you\'re getting savard, crosby and a 1st. If thats the case its too low. It\'s probably too low regardless, even if you\'re getting just crosby.

blindedbyfear

Celly wrote:

Savard Crosby-1st
    Kopitar 4th Rd Pick
    Ryder 5th rd pick

It looks to me like the offer is:

Crosby, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

for

Savard, Kopitar, Ryder, 1st \'08, 1st \'10

I don\'t think it\'s good enough to be honest. It\'s an OK starting point, but if I\'m the Crosby owner, I counter with something like:

Lecavalier, Vanek, Kopitar, the 2 1sts.

That\'s along the lines of what it would take for me to even talk about Crosby, and I don\'t know if that is enough.

I realize that you may say \"But Lecavalier, Vanek, and Kopitar may eventually be 150-200% of Crosby\'s production\". Yes, I realize that. And for me to give up the best player in the league, 150-200 points at one single roster slot, I want 3 studs plus at least a pair of first round picks.

The deal would be even better if Kopitar was replaced by Roberto Luongo.

Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/07/25 12:18

Dobber Sports Padawan

There\'s a 1st missing somewhere in there, because on the crosby savard line there\'s a 1st which suggests to me that if you\'re right he\'s getting the picks and crosby as you suggested plus a 1st. Not that it matters because this deal for crosby doesnt work, it\'s a lowball offer.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

blindedbyfear wrote:
    Celly wrote:

Savard Crosby-1st
    Kopitar 4th Rd Pick
    Ryder 5th rd pick

It looks to me like the offer is:

Crosby, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

for

Savard, Kopitar, Ryder, 1st \'08, 1st \'10

I don\'t think it\'s good enough to be honest. It\'s an OK starting point, but if I\'m the Crosby owner, I counter with something like:

Lecavalier, Vanek, Kopitar, the 2 1sts.

That\'s along the lines of what it would take for me to even talk about Crosby, and I don\'t know if that is enough.

I realize that you may say \"But Lecavalier, Vanek, and Kopitar may eventually be 150-200% of Crosby\'s production\". Yes, I realize that. And for me to give up the best player in the league, 150-200 points at one single roster slot, I want 3 studs plus at least a pair of first round picks.

The deal would be even better if Kopitar was replaced by Roberto Luongo.

Yeay the deal is Crosby and the draft picks for the rest of them...it didnt come up right.

He rejected it and came back with the same players + he added in me giving him Luongo for Biron...thoughts?<br><br>Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/07/25 12:18

I...am your father.

Take Crosby if you can get him. Unless Luongo was your only goalie. Who would be your other goalie with Biron?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would have Turco and Biron

blindedbyfear

Luongo\'s a lot to give up, but I think I\'d pull that off.

Don\'t suppose he\'d take Turco instead would he? I\'d maybe try that, but I\'d do it most likely even if it cost be Luongo.

typo88

I love crosby as much as the next fantasy owner that has him... but i will caution you. Out of every player in the league that comes close to crosby fantasy wise is luongo. He will NOT put up AS GOOD NUMBERS, but he will most likely dominate the goalie position like crosby will dominate the skaters. HOWEVER, I am in vancouver and would start a church of ROberto if i could... so i might be just a tiny bit biased

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I decided to hold on to my guys at this time. I said I was going to take his offer with the Biron/Luongo an then he tried to sweeten it even more for himself...I hate guys like that and I pulled the pin. Maybe I will try later on this year, hopefully he will have a slow start.

Thanks guys for the advice, it really helps me out to be able to ask guys who know as much if not more than me about hockey.

blindedbyfear

Yeah if I had said yes and was including Luongo, Savard, Kopitar, a couple of 1sts, and he tried to come back with more, that\'s when I say no. Some people can\'t leave well enough alone.

You were already giving good value, he just wanted to get greedy. Good move staying sane and saying no.

Dobber Sports Initiate

typo88 wrote:
    HOWEVER, I am in vancouver and would start a church of ROberto if i could... so i might be just a tiny bit biased
    Count me in.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522