Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ribeiro for Stamkos

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ribeiro for Stamkos

I\'m thinking about offering up Ribeiro for the Stamkos pick... given that Stamkos is still completely unproven, is this too much, too little, or about right?
    11 Teams - Keep 8 - Points only - 12F/3D/1G

F-Backstrom, Kucherov, Laine, Kuznetsov, Granlund, Mackinnon, Radulov,
    Bergeron, Palat, Nyquist, Little, Nugent-Hopkins, Stastny, Backlund, Sheary, Brassard
    D-Shattenkirk, Suter, Yandle, Leddy
    G-Rask, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

I\'d do it. I\'m not a fan of Ribeiro\'s and just out of principle, I would never have him on my team.

I think he\'ll slip a bit this year too with Richards being there for a full season. Richards is much better offensively and defensively.

Dobber Sports All-Star

In my league, it would take a lot more than Ribeiro to get this years 1st overall pick. Maybe buy him a few drinks 1st.

Dobber Sports Expert

playmaker26 wrote:
    I\'d do it. I\'m not a fan of Ribeiro\'s and just out of principle, I would never have him on my team.

I think he\'ll slip a bit this year too with Richards being there for a full season. Richards is much better offensively and defensively.
    yea, I would want to agree with that, but Richards has shown anything in years, I think Richards is done and Riberio is on his way up as far as value is concerned.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

yea, I would want to agree with that, but Richards has shown anything in years, I think Richards is done and Riberio is on his way up as far as value is concerned.
    How can you say Richards is done? He\'s 28 years old. On a deep offensive team.

His numbers have slipped because he was playing with people like Mathieu Darche and Andreas Karlsson. They should be fighting to be in the NHL, not play on a team\'s 2nd line. He put up 70 points in 2006-07 while playing with them for most of the season. I say most because he still lined up with St. Louis for parts.

Dobber Sports Master

I was not a fan of Ribeiro and picked him off of the WW this season and have not looked back. He has been given the right situation and has flourished. Not owning him in a league is foolish at the proper price.

As for the trade I can\'t believe someone would trade Stamkos away for Ribeiro but if you do it hit ACCEPT and RUN
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Expert

playmaker26 wrote:
    Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

His numbers have slipped because he was playing with people like Mathieu Darche and Andreas Karlsson. They should be fighting to be in the NHL, not play on a team\'s 2nd line. He put up 70 points in 2006-07 while playing with them for most of the season. I say most because he still lined up with St. Louis for parts.
    I would love to believe that he is a great player and had some off years.... I see Richards staying in the 60-70 point range and Riberio getting 70-80. I\'ve held on to Richards for three years and has not helped me very much...

It may take some time for Richards to get some chemisty in Dallas (one 5 point game is not chemistry), but I think Ribs is the #1 center there and Richards will stay on the 2nd line... which is most of my reasoning for Ribs\' upside as opposed to Richards....
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crazynuck wrote:
    As for the trade I can\'t believe someone would trade Stamkos away for Ribeiro but if you do it hit ACCEPT and RUN
    I wouldn\'t have thought so either, but he told me straight up he does not plan to draft -any- rookie with the pick. Given that, Ribeiro should be a far better veteran option that anyone else that will be available.
    11 Teams - Keep 8 - Points only - 12F/3D/1G

F-Backstrom, Kucherov, Laine, Kuznetsov, Granlund, Mackinnon, Radulov,
    Bergeron, Palat, Nyquist, Little, Nugent-Hopkins, Stastny, Backlund, Sheary, Brassard
    D-Shattenkirk, Suter, Yandle, Leddy
    G-Rask, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

obviously ribeiro will not come close to landing stamkos.

i just want to reply mostly the comment that richards is done and say :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :blink:

hes 28 and a guaranteed 70 point guy. possibly 90.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:
    Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

I would love to believe that he is a great player and had some off years.... I see Richards staying in the 60-70 point range and Riberio getting 70-80. I\'ve held on to Richards for three years and has not helped me very much...

It may take some time for Richards to get some chemisty in Dallas (one 5 point game is not chemistry), but I think Ribs is the #1 center there and Richards will stay on the 2nd line... which is most of my reasoning for Ribs\' upside as opposed to Richards....
    I do think Ribeiro will play with Morrow since they formed chemistry. I think they will use lines 1A and 1B. Richards won\'t take as long as most to get chemistry I think. He\'s smart and played down the stretch with Dallas and in a lengthy playoff run.

Banned

if you can get Stamkos for Ribs I\'d do it in a heartbeat. Ribs had a career year last season, don\'t expect it to be a constant from now on.

Dobber Sports Master

Nunezilla wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    I wouldn\'t have thought so either, but he told me straight up he does not plan to draft -any- rookie with the pick. Given that, Ribeiro should be a far better veteran option that anyone else that will be available.
    The deal is a win win but a major win for you.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ribiero isn\'t as bad as people think and has some legit chemistry with Morrow... Stamkos will probably surpass him, but not this year.

Dobber Sports Expert

Dave19 wrote:
    obviously ribeiro will not come close to landing stamkos.

i just want to reply mostly the comment that richards is done and say :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly: :blink:

hes 28 and a guaranteed 70 point guy. possibly 90.
    Yea, I\'m sure you can guarantee a player\'s production.

I agree Richards has a 90 point upside in the right situation, he got 91 a few years ago... he is below a PPG player, 70 and then 62 points the past two years? From watching him play I don\'t see the greatness everyone talks about. I used to be really high on this guy... these days, not so much. Are you still hoping Daigle will make his splash?:P

I don\'t see high point production from him on Dallas. 28 has nothing to do with it.

I hope he explodes. He just won\'t be on my teams anymore...except maybe as a 60-70 point bottom feeder. lol
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy