Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waiver pick: Severson or Klingberg?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Waiver pick: Severson or Klingberg?

Who should I take in the waivers…. Severson or Klingberg? Who has the most upside this year and next year for the following categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP. Who would have the highest trade value at the end of the year?

Would either guy replace any of my keepers (ie. J. Schultz, Muzzin, Trouba)?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Waiver Pick: Severson or Klingberg?

Who do I take in the waivers.. Severson or Klingberg?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Waiver Pick: Severson or Klingberg?

I would go with Klingberg just based on Severson not having done a thing for like a month.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

The Great One

Klingberg, better situation IMHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Klingberg. A week ago I would have said Severson.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Waiver pick: Severson or Klingberg?

Even though Severson is hitting a major cold streak I think long term he is the better choice. In New Jersey, Severson is still getting top PP minutes and has leaped over guys like Larsson, Gelinas, and Merril, and the coach trusts him. I also like how even though he hasn't gotten a point in 8 games he is averaging 3-4 shots on goal. Shows he is trying.

Klingberg who is hot at the moment has more people to battle for his spot like Daley, Goligoski, and now Demers. Still worth a pickup in my opinion but in a Vs I go towards Severson.

As for replacing a keeper I would say maybe Muzzin. But its so close that I would probably keep all three of those defenseman you have now.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Even though Severson is hitting a major cold streak I think long term he is the better choice. In New Jersey, Severson is still getting top PP minutes and has leaped over guys like Larsson, Gelinas, and Merril, and the coach trusts him. I also like how even though he hasn't gotten a point in 8 games he is averaging 3-4 shots on goal. Shows he is trying.

Klingberg who is hot at the moment has more people to battle for his spot like Daley, Goligoski, and now Demers. I would try to get both if you can, but if it was one or the other I take Severson.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Master

He hasn't done much lately but I figure Severson to be the better producer over his career. I think the Dallas blueline will get pretty crowded over the next couple years as youngsters Oleksiak, Honka and rising Esa Lindell all vy for valuable time with Klingberg.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    He hasn't done much lately but I figure Severson to be the better producer over his career. I think the Dallas blueline will get pretty crowded over the next couple years as youngsters Oleksiak, Honka and rising Esa Lindell all vy for valuable time with Klingberg.
    There are still lots of good D prospects on different levels throughout the Stars system beyond those you listed. Bystrom and Sinitsyn jump immediately to mind. But even with the kids behind him, Klingberg looks like a future top 4 for Dallas. I feel reasonably safe in saying he should make no worse than a second pairing D.

Banned

Klingberg is making his own job security. There isn't a prospect in the Dallas system that will challenge him for minutes. Seriously? He hadn't even been in the NHL a week and he was jumping vets in the pecking order and we are worried about guys like Oleksiak, Bystrom and Lindell taking ice from him... Honka is the only other defencman in the system with comparable offensive skills and there will room for both of them in the future. Dallas fans should be excited about some of these guys heading forward, but Klingberg will be leading the way - not stepping aside.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    There are still lots of good D prospects on different levels throughout the Stars system beyond those you listed. Bystrom and Sinitsyn jump immediately to mind. But even with the kids behind him, Klingberg looks like a future top 4 for Dallas. I feel reasonably safe in saying he should make no worse than a second pairing D.
    Klingberg looks to have the inside track on the PP with Dallas, not sure the same can be said for Severson who also has to contend with Merrill and Larsson. I don't feel Klingberg will have that much competition to keep his PP time

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Klingberg is making his own job security. There isn't a prospect in the Dallas system that will challenge him for minutes. Seriously? He hadn't even been in the NHL a week and he was jumping vets in the pecking order and we are worried about guys like Oleksiak, Bystrom and Lindell taking ice from him... Honka is the only other defencman in the system with comparable offensive skills and there will room for both of them in the future. Dallas fans should be excited about some of these guys heading forward, but Klingberg will be leading the way - not stepping aside.
    I agree 100%, Klingberg is safe as far as a spot in the top 4 whether or not it's right point on D1 or D2 is too early to say except for the immediate future and it's obviously D1. I didn't exactly make my point clearly enough though. I tried to be too brief in noting there will be lots of competition in a couple of years on the blueline, but in spite of that Klingberg looks very safe. People are reading more into the prospects within and signings like Demers.

I'm pretty happy with having Klingberg and rounded out my four D-Men..... I also trust Dallas'offense more than New Jersey's.
    14 Team H2H Keeper League - no waivers G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHG, GWG SOG W, GAA, SV%, SHO C - Lee, Kopitar, Zibanejad RW - Simmonds, MacKinnon, Stone, Pastrnak LW - Datsyuk, Michalek, Nash D - Suter, Klingberg, Hamilton, Lindholm IR - P. Kane, E. Kane G - Schneider, Holtby

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both are great yound D. I preffer Dallas offense over NJ, like Nutt said. Also, there is not a lot of competition on D side in Dallas, like in Arizona or even NJ. Not sure Gelinas, Merril wont pass over Steverson.

Klingberg for me.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

adding Severson today.....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson